why are Beatle songs so nice and good for learning??

willem

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:50 am

''If there is any advice I can give to any guitarist, then it would be to learn every Beatle song ever written''.....Joe Walsh

When i go back to what i ever realy listen to that were'nt Beatle songs,,oke i heard them but never buy'd records or cd's..

Now when i try to master some guitar I now discoverd the Beatles and like it pretty much and set my goals on it this year,couse i like so much other artist and there songs to,,but to quote above have driven me to my goals...

I would be nice to hear from our community what they think about the beatles and the quote..

thereshopeyet

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Thanks

pbraun

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:19 pm

For my 2 cents worth it's the reason I picked up the guitar to begin with. Back when I was a kid who "thought" he wanted to play, and today the man who wants to play. Didn't learn anything as a kid. Now the first song I learned was a Beatle song, the second a Harrison song and then mixed in others. But in the end I always go back the the Beatles. Now seeing yet another song in "I feel Fine" there is no hope, I will always go back to Beatles.
Got to agree with Walsh, if you can play a Beatles tune you'll always have someone who'll want to listen
Pete

willem

Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:02 am

If you can play a beatle tune you'll alway's have someone who'll want to listen.....Pete Braun..

good one Pete ...thanks

thereshopeyet

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:49 am

Thanks

BigBear

Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:55 pm

Willem- I think there are three reasons why Beatles songs work so well here:

1. We all know them by heart. Few musical groups in history have such incredible song recognition. And most guitarists want to learn songs they know and like.

2. Beatles songs, in general, are musically very approachable. They don't use fancy chord structures and difficult transitions. And average guitarists can play most of their catalog. Few super groups are that approachable.

3. The Beatles style provides a lot of variety. If you don't like one song you'll probably like the next one. I've stated many times that I'm not a huge Beatles fan but I do have some of their songs I really like. And because Neil has made more of their tunes approachable I'm liking more of their songs every day!

Heb een heel mooie dag mijn vriend! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic