Somewhere Over the Sound Hole.

frybaby

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:57 am

I have been noticing that when I play, unless I really concentrate on it, I end up naturally strumming behind the sound hole.(close to but not over it, always a bit behind)
I noticed that Neil and other, strum right over the sound hole, unless the are going for the slightly different sound you get when playing behind the sound hole.

Just curious, where some of us , naturally strumming our guitars, behind the sound hold… or….Some Where Over the Sound Hole.

RicksPick

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:59 am

Good topic
Cos I play infront of the sound hole,

RicksPick

willem

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:20 am

I don't have a sound hole...lol

I watched and so somewhat in between the center of ''behind and center.' and that infront of it..lol

RicksPick

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:23 am

Willem

Turn it around,, the strings need to face out :laugh: :laugh:

RicksPick

Chasplaya

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:03 pm

There is a guy on You Tube, 2wheelsturnin and he is interesting to watch he changes his sound frequently by playing in front , behind, over and also up the neck he gets great effects by doing this; here is an example, mostly up the neck but listen to the difference when he plays back at the bridge and plays the strum moving from the bridge to the neck:

willem

Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:15 am

Chasplaya wrote:
There is a guy on You Tube, 2wheelsturnin and he is interesting to watch he changes his sound frequently by playing in front , behind, over and also up the neck he gets great effects by doing this; here is an example, mostly up the neck but listen to the difference when he plays back at the bridge and plays the strum moving from the bridge to the neck:

That was nice to listen and great sound,,is it a 12 string guitar song??

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:43 pm

willem wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:

That was nice to listen and great sound,,is it a 12 string guitar song??
Hi Willem,

I think the original was done on mandolin, but Steve Earle the original artist has done it on a Steel string (6)

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:21 pm

Heres a better example of Jim, 2wheelsturnin, playing over soundhole, behind the soundhole and up the neck. I'd never done this before I saw him doing this, about a year ago and now I incorporate it in my playing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic