OMG

mickm

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:05 pm

Now there's an acronym I never though I would use... until last night when I went to a Tommy Emmanuel concert, and OMG. there it go's again.
This changes everything I thought I knew about what makes a great guitarist great.
I'm still trying to comprehend how one man with one guitar can produce sounds that mere mortals would need at least three guitarists and a percussion section to even attempt.
If the opportunity ever arises to catch one of his live performances don't dare miss it.

Mick

Yamaha48

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:16 pm

Hello Mickm.

I think thats the artist,the man who can handel the strings of the guitar.

greetz Anton

willem

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:21 pm

Who on earth is Tommy Emanuel,,i Heard the name before but that was somebody who sell his guitar..

thereshopeyet

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:31 pm

Thanks

TGMatt

Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:28 pm

mickm wrote:
Now there's an acronym I never though I would use... until last night when I went to a Tommy Emmanuel concert, and OMG. there it go's again.
This changes everything I thought I knew about what makes a great guitarist great.
I'm still trying to comprehend how one man with one guitar can produce sounds that mere mortals would need at least three guitarists and a percussion section to even attempt.
If the opportunity ever arises to catch one of his live performances don't dare miss it.

Mick
Your going to love what we have coming then

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:15 pm

TGMatt wrote:
mickm wrote:

Mick
Your going to love what we have coming then
Now theres a tease if ever there was...

tovo

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:35 pm

I was speaking with a colleague the other day and mentioned Tommy E as one (I say one because hey..it's all subjective) of the best guitarists in the World and the guy scoffed. I couldn't believe it...he has clearly never seen him play. Of course the guy I was talking to doesn't play guitar either.

I agree wholeheartedly with you Mick. The man can do things with a guitar that are simply amazing.

AndyT

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:08 pm

Willem,

This is Tommy;

One of my favorites:

Another of my favorites:

This is just a sampling of Tommy and his amazing guitar skills. He is quite likely the worlds greatest guitarist.

willem

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:27 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
That's right Willem....
He was selling his guitar because he practiced so hard at being a bad guitarist found he couldn't shake off being great!!!!

Did you buy it?

Yeah,,i buy it,,i thought the great playing was all in that guitar,,but that was'nt treu and now its for sell again,,i think i'm gonna be rich..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic