Daryl Hall and friends jamming

cosmicmechanic

Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Thanks Dennis, a great site indeed.

I'm especially glad to see that Daryl Hall is well, I had lost track of him.

The last videos I saw of him were in the final period of Hall and Oates, and
he sure needed to hide his eyes with the very dark sunglasses he constantly wore
... he was obviously strung out most of the time, and Oates just had to put up with him.

So he seems full of energy and can still do wonders ... good news!

By the way, I checked the "Past Episodes" tab on the site and really enjoyed the "Smokey Robinson" videos.

Pierre

d_dog

Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:25 pm

Absolutely fantastic Dennis! Thanks for posting, man what a life that would be!

Craig

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:42 am

That was really cool Dennis, thanks for sharing. I spent many hours today going back through some of the other episodes...all of them great!
Craig

dennisg

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:11 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
By the way, I checked the "Past Episodes" tab on the site and really enjoyed the "Smokey Robinson" videos.
Pierre,

I just went back and watched the Smokey Robinson episode. All I can say is, holy cow. That may be the single best version of Sara Smile I've ever heard. Daryl Hall's voice is just spectacular. While I sit and practice the guitar, ruminating over my rapidly age-deteriorating voice, I wonder how Daryl has managed to keep his pipes so clean into his 60's. More power to him.

cosmicmechanic

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:36 pm

dennisg wrote:
... While I sit and practice the guitar, ruminating over my rapidly age-deteriorating voice, I wonder how Daryl has managed to keep his pipes so clean into his 60's. More power to him.
Dennis, you've still got a helluva voice and have a pretty good idea how to use it.

Of course, I never had the chance to hear your all-time best. Bet the neighbours were begging you to shower twice a day, just to start you warbling :)

This is not schmoozing, we all love your video posts and your voice hits the right spot.

So your vocals can humble mine any day. Please, enough ruminating ... leave that to the critters with double stomachs!

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic