I'm NOT selling all of my guitars - I've sold them and picked up this!

Music Junkie

Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:37 am

tovo wrote:
Hi MJ, yeah I still have my Taylor Big Baby which is good for alternate tuning. Actually my son and his mates often play it so it spends a lot of time in the very interesting alternate tuning of GDBEAB or something similar. I am a bit sad to lose the others but really I can't justify continuously adding to the number of guitars I have and didn't have the money I need for the Taylor Koa just sitting around.
From a practical standpoint Tony, you are spot on! I do need to sell a couple of mine, and probably will some day. It would make the decision much easier if I had a goal at the end such as yours of attaining a beautiful work of art like the guitar you are getting.

More specifically, I need to sell one of my electrics and one of my amps. Between the two I should get about $1300 to $1500 US which would be a nice down payment on a future toy.......mmmmm Maybe a 12-string someday......lol

J

tovo

Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Music Junkie wrote:

More specifically, I need to sell one of my electrics and one of my amps. Between the two I should get about $1300 to $1500 US which would be a nice down payment on a future toy.......mmmmm Maybe a 12-string someday......lol

J
MJ when I think that I am selling 3 pretty nice guitars to pay for 1 it makes me realize how much I am spending! But like I said, it's the nicest thing I have heard and it must be mine....oh yes...it must be mine.

Music Junkie

Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:19 pm

tovo wrote:
Music Junkie wrote:

J
MJ when I think that I am selling 3 pretty nice guitars to pay for 1 it makes me realize how much I am spending! But like I said, it's the nicest thing I have heard and it must be mine....oh yes...it must be mine.
Well, I gotta tell ya mate, that at least this site has given us a bit more justification for our addiction to toys.... :silly:

My wife never gives me a hard time like she used to about buying things guitar related. She actually admitted that my playing has improved enough that I have earned some new toys. Also, the more I learn, the more I realize what I actually want and need. Now I am not out buying things without really having a reason or a need for them (specifically the electric guitar and amp I mentioned earlier). Many of the things I thought I would really use and enjoy just did not pan out the way I intended. Now I am learning a bit more about myself and my musical tastes too. Makes the purchases these days all the more sweet.... :)

I am assuming the same goes for many of us, so for you to be buying something of such a nature, I am sure you do not do so lightly, and that you MUST have.....Oh you MUST have it..... :)

tovo

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:01 am

Well I thought the easiest way to show this guitar was in a video. I will play it one day as well! I thought some of you might be interested:

suziko

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:09 am

Wow, Tony- it looks even more beautiful on this video than it did in the pictures. It's an amazing instrument. You're a very lucky man!

tovo

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:12 am

suziko wrote:
Wow, Tony- it looks even more beautiful on this video than it did in the pictures. It's an amazing instrument. You're a very lucky man!

Lucky and broke Suzi! (But it's a good broke)

haoli25

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:26 am

WOW Tony. If it sounds just half as good as it looks, you have found a true treasure! I can't wait to hear you play it. Congratulations on your beautiful new guitar.

Bill

michelew

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:30 am

What a TEASE! It looks gorgeous. But, how does it sound????

tovo

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:36 am

willem

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:38 am

Hello Tony,,congrat,,i think its the one!!just curious in how it is playeble,,not only the sound but also how!! is it,,light or...etc..(good setup,,better then you have on the other ones?)..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic