I'm NOT selling all of my guitars - I've sold them and picked up this!

tovo

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:57 pm

Thanks everyone. I certainly am lucky and I am well aware that many people play for years and years and never have the opportunity to play such a fine instrument so I will make sure I put in the work I need to do it some kind of justice.

I really think it would be very cool to have a section where members can upload video of their guitar/s, show them off and describe the features, perhaps play just a little like I have done here. I think it would also be a very good resource for others who are thinking of a new axe to go and check out various brands and models as put up my other TG members. Just an idea.

sws626

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:22 pm

Great idea, Tony. It would be a wonderful practical resource, but also a lot of fun. I loved learning about your new guitar and I'm sure there's much we could learn from each others' experiences.

d_dog

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:41 am

Absolutely stunning Tony! I'm so jealous! Looking forward to your next song post. Really great guitar.

thudfan

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:26 pm

That is one beautiful guitar. I love woodworking and really appreciate different kinds of wood. I love the grain on your guitar. Bet it sounds as good as it looks. My avatar is a picture of my baby. I found it at a local guitar store. It's a vintage '62 gretsch 6120 in pristine condition complete with original case and all the original paperwork. It even has the rare dial up mute. I play that thing every night. It's just so much more fun to play on a guitar you just really love is it not. anyway congrats on your new toy. B)

tovo

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:17 pm

Thanks Dog. It is a beauty.

Thudfan that's a nice looking vintage in your avatar. Bet it sounds great. Like you, I love wood and I can spend a lot of time just looking at grain. I think you're right on playing something you love, it makes playing so much fun.

TGMatt

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:26 pm

tovo wrote:
Thanks everyone. I certainly am lucky and I am well aware that many people play for years and years and never have the opportunity to play such a fine instrument so I will make sure I put in the work I need to do it some kind of justice.

I really think it would be very cool to have a section where members can upload video of their guitar/s, show them off and describe the features, perhaps play just a little like I have done here. I think it would also be a very good resource for others who are thinking of a new axe to go and check out various brands and models as put up my other TG members. Just an idea.
been on the list for a while mate...

will get to it soon...

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:30 am

TGMatt wrote:
tovo wrote:

Boring ... then everyone would buy Cole Clarks ad I've have nobody to give a hard time over or extract the urine out of Taylors!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:35 am

Serious comment.... Tony Maaate... thats a lot of guitar there... really need to hear you do justice to that baby... Looking forward to you nailing NW on her

tovo

Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:40 am

A little ditty for you Chas-man:

"If everyone Cole Clark owner in Australia burned his Cole Clark today...there would be only 3 less Cole Clark owners in Australia than there were yesterday".

They must be making all their sales in New Zealand.

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:47 am

tovo wrote:
A little ditty for you Chas-man:

"If everyone Cole Clark owner in Australia burned his Cole Clark today...there would be only 3 less Cole Clark owners in Australia than there were yesterday".

They must be making all their sales in New Zealand.
I seem to have made a name for myself here with Coles, actually I should start spreading the word about my Go To guitar, my Alhambra, genuine made in Spain Dreadnought Western style steel string. It has no electrics but sounds so sweet, I need to get a system that can record it, honestly you guys would be impressed. If you ever get the chance to play an Alhambra steel string do try it.

PS I haven't bought all the Coles in NZ ..yet... although I wouldn't mind taking up Brad Clarke on his offer of a 12 at cost

Premier Guitar USA has awarded the Fat Lady 1AC a Premier Gear Award, along with a 5/5 review rating!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic