Mexican Made Stratocasters

jlewandowski

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:30 am

What is the general opiniuon on Stratocasters, made south of the border. How many folks out there have purchase these guitars, and what do you all think of them. B)

Music Junkie

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:54 am

jlewandowski:

Overall, they are not top notch, but they are not complete crap either. So much of an electric guitar is getting good tone. With the help of a good amp and a proper setup, I think they can be just fine. To be honest, you could upgrade to some better tuners, and maybe a better set of pickups and you would have a new guitar..... :)

So many of the guitars are cut out by computer, and mass produced anyway. They just do it in Mexico because of the cheap labor.

If you are looking for a starter, probably would be just fine. Everyone has their own opinion. I can find a good player and give him a Mexican Start and he will sound much better than I do playing a $30,000 Gibson...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

J

BigBear

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:43 am

They are a big step up from Fender's Squire line but don't quite have the tolerances of the US made Strats. I've played a couple of them and I'd bet a beer that most people, unless they are pretty saavy musicians, couldn't tell the difference. At least initially.

I think Fender uses the same electronics and necks but just doesn't have the same quality paint jobs. But electric guitars are pretty much components anyway ie. they aren't building a resonating box, so where it's made isn't so critical.

BTW- my favorite guitar maker, Taylor, makes many of their less exspensive guitars in Mexico as well as all their cases. They don't seem to have many problems.

Cheers! :cheer:

haoli25

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Is it legal to own one of those in Arizona? :laugh:

Music Junkie

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:43 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Absolutely Bill, just make sure you have your receipt........ B)

BigBear

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:50 pm

haoli25 wrote:

That's why they bring them in at night!! :silly:

millponddave

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:05 pm

I have had a Mexican strat for several years and I like it just fine. However, my playing is not very good so it wouldn't matter where it was made.

dave

haoli25

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:08 pm

I wonder how much money does a Mexican Strat Coyote make?

Music Junkie

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:15 pm

millponddave wrote:
I have had a Mexican strat for several years and I like it just fine. However, my playing is not very good so it wouldn't matter where it was made.

dave
I hear ya Dave.......

I have a high end electric, and it does not sound THAT high end when I play it...... :( :(

J

BigBear

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:18 pm

millponddave wrote:

dave

Dave- you are just too logical!! If playing ability had anything to do with what guitar you owned I should be playing a guitar made in sub-Saharan Africa by nomadic goat hearders! lol! :silly:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic