AVS PiP Question

sws626

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:45 pm

AndyT wrote:
Are you running a 32 bit OS? 2GB is not much for a 64 bit Quad Core at all.
Hi Andy,

Yes, It's a desktop I pieced together a few years ago and runs 32-bit XP. 2GB seemed like a lot at the time, but then I'm old enough to remember when 8KB seemed like enough.

In any case, it's not the hardware since AVS 4 runs fine. I may revisit this at some point, but the workaround worked and I can think of at least one thing I'd rather be doing than fighting with software in my leisure time.

-Stuart

AndyT

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:58 pm

No problem. I'd rather not fight with software either.
Still, its not right and that would bug me. Send AVS a support ticket and see what they have to say.

sws626

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:47 am

Here is the feedback I received from AVS, which is more or less what I expected to hear:

Hello Stuart,

To avoid the described problem we would advise you to use the latest version of AVS Video Editor (version 4.2.1.188). If you have not found the necessary features in this new version of the program, please describe those features so that we could provide you with detailed recommendations.

You purchased AVSMedia Super Bundle on our website www.avsmedia.com in 2008. We have considerably updated the software and the latest versions of AVS programs are now available on our second website www.avs4you.com.

Using your current registration keys you can only activate the previous versions of the programs you bought.

But according to AVS upgrade policy, as our subscriber, you can get the Unlimited Subscription on our second site www.avs4you.com for free. So you will get the possibility to use all the software with updates and also all the new programs from this site. The licence is valid for 1 PC only.

Please download the applications you need from www.avs4you.com and activate them with your new license key:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic