I tried it, and I didn't hate it! Songs you never thought you'd tackle.

suziko

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:59 am

Maybe we should start a TG Group for parents that have been permanently scarred by The Wiggles??

Suzie- which Doobie Bros song is that?

I was just grateful that Emma never liked Barney. At least The Wiggles were kind of cute!

It's The Ivory Salamander. It's a REALLY fun song to play and not too hard- I'm sure you'd have it down a lot quicker than me, Al- but still challenging enough to keep me motivated. If I ever find some time this summer, I'd like to post a video of it. Otherwise, I might be waiting until September. Summer vacation is looooong!

michelew

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:59 am

Who knew that a group of Aussie boys would have such a big effect on unsuspecting parents and grandparents around the world.

Did you know that a couple of them started in a 'Beatles' cover band called the 'Cockroaches'?

suziko

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:50 am

Who knew that a group of Aussie boys
would have such a big effect on unsuspecting parents and grandparents around the world.

At the risk of sounding ribald, the Wiggles and the guys from Blues Clues made being a stay-at-home mom bearable.

BigBear

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:25 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
BigBear wrote:
Hey Al! I actually like Sheryl Crow's song but I haven't played it yet. The only song that I've played that I didn't expect to ever play was Circle Game by Joni. But I was married to a die hard Joni fan so I heard this song a lot.

But if I have to turn in my "man card" I'll pass! lol! Taylor Swift is a major young talent but all I want from her is her walnut Taylor guitar! :cheer:

Too funny Rick. I remember a post way back when about you and the song 'Strong Enough'.

I'm realizing that you never know what song is going to float your (or someone else's) boat. So I'm trying to keep an open mind when selecting new songs to take on.

I hear you Al! I love female singers and performers but I can't sing most of their songs so I don't play them much.

I was playing Black Flame by Renaissance yesterday which has a cool arpeggio feel breaking in to a more powerful ballad style. But trying to sing a song that Annie Haslam (my all-time favorite female voice) was just a joke. I just can't do it justice!

Story of my life! :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic