New Taylor GS Mini - Sounds Cool!

6stringbostic

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Was thinking of getting a Baby Taylor (or Bib Baby) for travel - now I want the new GS Mini!

What do you think?

http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/gs-mini/

haoli25

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:04 pm

Bob Taylor should include with the purchase of a new GS Mini a years worth of TARGET lessons. :)

tovo

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:05 pm

Well, I think it looks great and sounds great, I think that it's obviously the perfect guitar for skateboarding and playing at the same time, and I think Bob Taylor should be paying us for all the publicity we give Taylor on this site. Cool thing is, Bob Taylor doesn't need to do that.

Looks the goods. I have the Big Baby and although it will never be as rich as a full size, it's pretty damn good.

Thanks for the post.

willem

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:28 pm

I'm wondering hoW TE sounded on this baby mini,,is the link you send with it were we can put us adres and Bob send one to make a vid?? they sound very rich..

dennisg

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:34 pm

It's an extremely impressive little guitar that I think is going to cannibalize a lot of Baby Taylor and Big Baby Taylor sales. The reason I think this is (please, no offense to Baby and Big Baby owners) the GS-mini is first and foremost a great-sounding guitar. I've heard several recordings with it, and the thing amazes me by doing things you could never do with a Baby or Big Baby. Another thing I like is that it features a cool little harness inside the sound hole into which you can pop in a pickup system designed just for this guitar, so for a minimum price of entry, you get a very competent acoustic/electric guitar. Finally, there's the size: it's small enough to toss in an airplane's overhead compartment, which you could never do with a full-size guitar. It's inexpensive enough that I'd likely leave it out on a guitar stand, ready to be played at a moment's notice -- something I'd never do with my Taylor 814, a guitar that demands that I light incense, speak in tongues, and do the lambada for 30 minutes before I take it out of the case. It also would make a perfect "first guitar" for someone just getting interested in this maddening activity we've thrust upon ourselves.

tovo

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:37 pm

dennisg wrote:
-- something I'd never do with my Taylor 814, a guitar that demands that I light incense, speak in tongues, and do the lambada for 30 minutes before I take it out of the case.
How about a video of THAT?

mcfingers

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:01 pm

Looks Sewheeet!
Anyone seen a suggested price yet?

I didn't see one listed in the Taylor price list PDF for 2010.

AhhHah! found it. MSRP of $678.00 US

dennisg

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:02 pm

$499 for the guitar; $98 for the ES-Go sound hole pickup. $XX for the V-Cable with built-in volume control.

Music Junkie

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:47 am

I would imagine that it is, indeed, a great little guitar. I have a Baby Taylor that I use to mess around with and to take camping. For such a small guitar, it has a very nice sound to it. Not twangy and cheap sounding like a lot of smaller guitars. This new model has a lot of upgrades and new innovations in comparison. Sweet little instrument.

J

sws626

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:55 am

That sounds pretty good. I tried out a couple of Baby Taylors when I was looking for a travel guitar and wasn't too pleased with the intonation. This looks like it could interesting.

That reminds me that Matt said there was some plan in the works to solve all our travel guitar problems....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic