Spruce up your guitar while repaying your significant other

michelew

Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:49 am

dennisg wrote:
Admit it, you probably wouldn't even own that shiny new Taylor, Martin, Guild, or Takamine guitar if your spouse/partner/significant other hadn't given his or her blessing. Now that we have all the gender confusion that's endemic in the English language out of the way, here's a nice little accessory that will make your guitar look even prettier, while at the same time reminding the aforementioned purchase approver how much you appreciate the approval. It's called a truss rod cover, the tiny piece of wood that's screwed into the face of your headstock that covers up that unsightly truss rod.

It just so happens that a gentleman by the name of Bill Nichols makes custom truss rod covers (who'd have imagined?). Here's the one I just had made to honor my wife Jamie:

He does an absolutely beautiful job and can make a TRC from a library on his web site or from your photo or illustration. You can see his work at http://www.nicholsguitars.com

My TRC cost $85 plus $5 for shipping.
Dennis,

This is the perfect mix of romantic, smoochy and extravagant. And it's much less painful than a tattoo.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:04 am

Kenny can I just borrow your guitar... make things easier! ;-) Great name to give your son and I'm so happy to hear he is well!

Bill.... what can I say? Hope none of the ladies here are shacked up wit a Richard. Wouldn't work well!

KennyF

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:32 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I'm so happy to hear he is well!
Thank you sir. It was a crazy couple of years.

songman52

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Also Shel, much easier, cheaper and less painful if it should need to be changed, unlike a tattoo!

And I think Richard would be great, so if someone were harassing me about my playing I could simply point to the headstock and say, "Look, I named it after you, _ _ _ _ !!"

(Just kidding, hope nobody takes offense or offence.)

Jerry

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic