Spruce up your guitar while repaying your significant other

dennisg

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:43 pm

Admit it, you probably wouldn't even own that shiny new Taylor, Martin, Guild, or Takamine guitar if your spouse/partner/significant other hadn't given his or her blessing. Now that we have all the gender confusion that's endemic in the English language out of the way, here's a nice little accessory that will make your guitar look even prettier, while at the same time reminding the aforementioned purchase approver how much you appreciate the approval. It's called a truss rod cover, the tiny piece of wood that's screwed into the face of your headstock that covers up that unsightly truss rod.

It just so happens that a gentleman by the name of Bill Nichols makes custom truss rod covers (who'd have imagined?). Here's the one I just had made to honor my wife Jamie:

He does an absolutely beautiful job and can make a TRC from a library on his web site or from your photo or illustration. You can see his work at http://www.nicholsguitars.com

My TRC cost $85 plus $5 for shipping.

dekotaj

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:21 pm

Hey Dennis,

I like that,great tought.Thanks for the info.I think i just might have to order something.

Kevin

KennyF

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:06 am

haoli25

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:21 am

It doesn't always work though. :laugh:

Bill Image

Chasplaya

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:54 am

haoli25 wrote:
It doesn't always work though. :laugh:

Bill Image
Trust you Bill, laughed my socks off lol.

What a great idea Dennis, thanks. I've been looking for ways to put a name on my Alhambra
which I named Lisbeth after my Mum, the cash she left me purchased the guitar and I think this is quite a tasteful way of remembering her. I'm going to use a simlilar style to that used by BB King on Lucille.

willem

Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:29 am

Dennis,thanks for the link,,great picture's there,,great idea,,i ship my guitar to Neil for his signature..When i master ''on the horizon''

michelew

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:02 am

Now if I can just convince Sue that I need a gorgeous Taylor so I can show my love and devotion to her by engraving the truss rod cover. I don't currently have a guitar with a truss rod cover. So what is a woman to do I ask you?

willem

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:07 am

michelew wrote:
Now if I can just convince Sue that I need a gorgeous Taylor so I can show my love and devotion to her by engraving the truss rod cover. I don't currently have a guitar with a truss rod cover. So what is a woman to do I ask you?
SO many places to ingrave!!!

Catman

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:15 am

michelew wrote:
Now if I can just convince Sue that I need a gorgeous Taylor so I can show my love and devotion to her by engraving the truss rod cover. ...
Not just one! This is a great way to convince your partner you need more than one guitar B)

michelew

Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:46 am

Catman wrote:
michelew wrote:
Now if I can just convince Sue that I need a gorgeous Taylor so I can show my love and devotion to her by engraving the truss rod cover. ...
Not just one! This is a great way to convince your partner you need more than one guitar B)
Actually David, I have 3. 2 of which are fancy. More to be revealed when I do my next post.

So I am already luck, in many, many ways. Not the least of which is the love in my life that I thank the Goddess for everyday.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic