Classical guitar,,,,Can you show yours???

michelew

Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:26 am

Steve, that looks like a great guitar. I'd love to hear you playing it and... well I would love to play it too.

In fact I'd love to hear David's and Chas' too.

You've heard mine, in my Irish Dance and Is There Anyone Out THere videos.

So how about it guys? How about a post using you classical guitars? Or tells us where we can hear them if I've missed you videos?

The challenge is set.

Michele

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:19 am

All going well I plan on doing an intro profile video this weekend and I'll play all my 'girls', at least short cameos...

michelew

Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:56 am

That would be really cool Chas. Make sure you let us know when it's up. Have fun.

willem

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:48 am

Chasplaya wrote:
All going well I plan on doing an intro profile video this weekend and I'll play all my 'girls', at least short cameos...
Chas,,great idea, think you be the first to do,,

PS for the health of this thread..lol....is there anybody further with some pics and specs?????????

mcfingers

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:48 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Steve or is it Scienceguy lol, your guitar may not be a Takamine. Mass Hirade was responsible for introduction of the hand made Hirade series to Takamine, such as mine, but apparently also made them privately. Now some of them were solid tops and side and laminated Rosewood backs, but again some were all solid, any other serial numbers or model numbers on it. The C, EC, and TC models are Takamine guitars. The H, HE, TH and K models are Hirade guitars, but again even them some of the latter were Takamine, most were by the way. To have a hand made genuine Hirade not made in conjunction with Takamine I think might be worth a mint!! What I think you have is a Hirade K5, and it would be a tak, does the rosette have Ivory in it?
Hey Chas, scienceguy is my photography alter ego :P

Thanks for the info. Upon further investigation, I looked deep inside and found this logo stamp. It's a Tak.

Cheers, Steve Mc Fingers Sciencguy Image

webtvdan

Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Bought this KYari classical about 40 years ago at the age of 16. The guitar rarely comes out of its case – but I’ll never part with it. The top is solid wood, and the back and sides appear to be solid but opinions vary - on the internet – most agree it’s a three layer laminate with the outside layers the same tone wood. So, when someone looks to check the grain it will appear as though it is solid since the grain will be the same inside and out.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic