Classical guitar,,,,Can you show yours???

willem

Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:20 am

Hello community,,can you show your classical guitar and tell something about it,,woods,,mensure lenght,,bridge wide(bridge headstock),,why you bought yours,,how you purchase(net or store),,in witch country availble,,is it hand made,,etc,,,

Catman

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:19 am

Taylor NS74ce

It's not a classical classical; it's a nylon string hybrid. I got it because I was beginning to find the 2" (51mm) nut width a little too wide. It's available worldwide; I bought it in a local store

Specs:

Back & Sides: Indian Rosewood
Top: Western Red Cedar
Soundhole Rosette: Mexican Cypress
Neck: Tropical American Mahogany
Fretboard: Ebony
Bridge: Ebony
Nut & Saddle: Tusq (will be changed to bone very soon)
Scale Length: 25 1/2 Inches
Neck Width at Nut: 1 7/8 Inches (47.6 mm)
Body Width: 16 Inches
Body Depth: 4 5/8 Inches
Body Length: 19 1/2 Inches

Lavallee

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:21 am

I like this type of guitar, nylon sound without the inconvenient of the classical guitar.

Marc

michelew

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:32 am

David That's a real beauty. I've love to try it out. I'm steering clear of my Taylor stockist. I've blown the budget (more to come later) and don't want to tease myself. I note that the neck joins the body at the 14th fret too not the 12th as classicals do.

I've just been playing mine tonight and the sound and resonance just gets better all the time. I'm really enjoying playing it. I still feel like I need a strap, but I can get away without it because it is so light.

So in answer to Willem's question. I own a Hofner HM83 Master series Classical guitar. It is hand built and signed by Dieter Fleischer, who is a Master Luthier and has been making guitars for over 50 years. Below are photos of him and my Hofner.

I purchased it at a Sydney store after spending about 3 or 4 hours in the store looking at lots of guitars and learning heaps. I went in with the intention of researching, but I guess I was won over or maybe just having an impulsive moment. But, regardless it is a beautiful instrument.

Hofner is a German manufacturer. I assume they distribute to most of the world. But I have no idea.

Scale: 25 1/2“ (65 cm)
Nut width: 2“ (50 mm)
Top: solid spruce
Back & sides: solid aningré (an African tonewood)
Neck: mahogany
Fingerboard: rosewood
Bridge: rosewood
Tuning machines: gold-plated
Machine heads: rosewood
Wooden body binding
High gloss finish, top matt
Saddle: ?

here is the link to my page

here is the back

Dieter Fischer - the luthier

I still have some learning to do about how to insert images. The ones I have on my computer are way too big and I don't know how to cut down the size (resolution). But, the blue links work and will take you to the right place.

Nice thread Willem. I look forward to seeing everyone's classical guitars.

Michele

willem

Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:19 pm

Michele's Hofner guitar...

Image Image

Lavallee

Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:36 pm

Lovely guitar Michele, the wood grain is gorgeous and it obviously sounds very well. What I was saying before about the inconvenience of a classical guitar was related to the fact that you cannot use a strap as you commented on. I have a foot rest when I use mine, but I find it too inconvenient. I must say that if it would sound better , I would use it more. One of these days....

Marc

Chasplaya

Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi Willem here are the specs for mine, I guess purists would call it a hybrid due to the cutaway and the electrics. Its a Takamine Hirade TH90, I guess available worldwide

Features the new CTP-2 Cool Tube Preamp; Oval Sound hole

MODEL TH90
Body Shape Classic Cutaway
Top Solid Spruce
Back Solid Indian Rosewood
Sides Solid Indian Rosewood
Binding Cab + Wood Purf
Roset Oval Marquetry
Neck Mahogany
Fingerboard Ebony
Fingerboard Inlay None
Number of Frets 20
Scale Length 650mm
Nut&Saddle Bone
Nut Width 51.0mm
Truss-rod Two Way
Bridge Indian Rosewood
Strings EXP45
Colour Natural
Finish Glossy
Electronics CTP-2

mcfingers

Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:29 pm

This is my K. Hirade Classical guitar. I purchased this guitar back in the early 1970's. A good high school friend's parents owned a local music store and showed me this guitar. They said it had very good sound for the money. Back then I think I paid around $300.00 for the guitar. I really don't know much about it. It's overall length is 39 and a half inches. I have no idea what the woods are. My guess is Rosewood back and sides and a cedar top, but I am not sure about that at all. All I do know is that they were right about the sweet sound. It has a very deep and rich tone and I love to play mellow songs on it.

If anyone out there has any more knowledge about this make of guitar I would appreciate the information. The serial number inside is 1601. This guitar might be an offshoot of Takamine but again, I am not sure.

Cheers, Steve

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:03 am

Steve or is it Scienceguy lol, your guitar may not be a Takamine. Mass Hirade was responsible for introduction of the hand made Hirade series to Takamine, such as mine, but apparently also made them privately. Now some of them were solid tops and side and laminated Rosewood backs, but again some were all solid, any other serial numbers or model numbers on it. The C, EC, and TC models are Takamine guitars. The H, HE, TH and K models are Hirade guitars, but again even them some of the latter were Takamine, most were by the way. To have a hand made genuine Hirade not made in conjunction with Takamine I think might be worth a mint!! What I think you have is a Hirade K5, and it would be a tak, does the rosette have Ivory in it?

michelew

Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:20 am

willem wrote:
Michele's Hofner guitar...

Image Image
Thanks Willem. You're a prince among(st) men.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic