Public Apology

thereshopeyet

Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:13 pm

Thanks

michelew

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:45 pm

Bear,

I do feel that you went too far with your responses. I love this community and feel close to many people in it, so I took your comments personally (this isn't the right word but I can't think of a better one). .

But, I'm really pleased that you've stepped up and said sorry. Apparently, it takes a big man to apologise (women of all shapes and sizes have been doing it, and overdoing it, for millennia).

So how about that post (with clothes on or at least modesty screens).

Now let's get back to playing, learning, chatting and having fun.

Michele

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:55 am

Rick you are are great guy and part of the TG fabric, a big man in many ways. We all love you even when you have a great big growl! And being passionate is so important in life, as Matt points out. And so many of us really are passionate about our guitar playing and things that go on at TG.

I've sat back and shaken my head at a number of discussions that have taken place on TG in the Year I've been here and I've written a number of hot replies that I then didn't post. Thankfully! I have found that not pressing that reply button is often the ebst course of action. A day latter, it's no issue any more.

Two thoughts come to mind. One is that the TG forum works so well because people here are not only passionate but also warm hearted, level headed and emotionally and socially intelligent. The respect and support shown is overwhelming. And we get by with no moderator and I think we should be just a little proud about that. Speaks for itself and I hope it remains that way. The other is something out a Robert Fulghum book where he's taught a lesson on "problems" by a holocaust survivor:

"If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire, then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience."

It makes sense to zoom out and look at things from a more distant perspective at times.
I watched a programme last night on joint French-German channel (ARTE) showing Ian McKenzie (a linguist trying to preserve the vanishing Dayak language) looking for the last few Dayaks living in the Sarawak jungle as probably the last genuine hunter gatherers on this planet. He found them but they no longer could live as content nomads in a pristine jungle which provided for them a world in which they lived in great gentleness and balance. The loggers had finally reduced their habitat to the extent that they could no longer survive as they had for countless thousands of years.
He knew he could not stop the events unfolding and was in tears as he said the only thing he can do is preserve their language as therein leis their entire vanishing culture. The desperation and hopelessness to which this proud and happy people have been reduced is heartbreaking and appalling. Switch from that to TG and the lives we all lead and it's easy to see we are only ever dealing with inconvenience.

Tony. Just wanted to mention that you are not responsible for what people chose to post on a thread you started. We are all grown ups and have responsibility for our own actions. So no worries.

thereshopeyet

Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Thanks

willem

Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:41 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
not pressing that reply button is often the ebst course of action!
Especially after a good bevy!!

:laugh:

PS

I feel deeply offended that you feel you need to apologise when among friends!
We can take it!!! The beating that is.... ouch!!
It must be all that Wine...ing (whinning).

I think Tovo and Bear and anyone else who wants to join in....should do a collaboration apology just for being terrible guys!!

Chill baby chill!!

:laugh:

WELL YOU GIVES US HOPE AND YET THERE IT IS....OUT THE COMFORT ZONE..KEEP YOUR SOKS ON!!!

thereshopeyet

Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:51 pm

Thanks

willem

Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:05 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
[center]KEEP YOUR SOKS ON!!![/center]

My feet are cosy Willem!! :laugh:

I hope he has a good laugh,,,,

tovo

Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:51 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:

Tony. Just wanted to mention that you are not responsible for what people chose to post on a thread you started. We are all grown ups and have responsibility for our own actions. So no worries.
Yes you're right Chris. It's in my nature to want to take responsibility but I came to that realisation (that I can't control or take responsibility for what other people say) myself. So absolutely, I agree. Thanks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic