Why did you comment on that video?

heatndude

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:30 pm

I enjoy watching all the videos just don't have the time to comment on them all. Besides Im not that good at writing stories or expressing things like some of the rest of you. But believe me anything I have time to contribute is done with the best of intentions. Suzi has pretty much summed it up for me also. Unless I my lottery ticket wins tonight then things may change.

Mark

BigBear

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:38 pm

I think the single most significant aspect of this entire site is the overwhelming generosity and support of the members. It's really mindboggling that all these "strangers" can come together, united intially only by a passion for the guitar, and offer so much support, and yes, love. In that vein, I try hard to comment on every video that I believe comes from someone with a real desire to learn and get better. I realize that is a bit judgmental but it's how I feel.

Sometimes, I can see things that I can make a suggestion or two on in the spirit of we're all trying to get better. Some are really good videos that I can't see anything obvious so I just offer support.

When the videos or posters get into pure performance mode I usually don't comment. Nothing negative about the posters. I usually don't have the time and I don't believe empty platitudes accomplish much. But if an occaisional poster just learned a really cool song that we all might like, or learn from, I try to comment.

Some posters, like Tony, Michele, Suzi, Dan and many others will get an automatic response from me because their progress has been astonishing. Others, like Marc, Al, Jay, Chris, Cori and more are already pretty accomplished and the improvements are smaller, but none less significant. They inspire me to practice and work harder and respresent the very best this site offers.

Cheers! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic