UPDATE MARTIN 000-28 EC SB

donagh

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:18 am

Hello and Gretings from Northern Ireland.

Around Jan. this year I bought a Martin 000-28 EC SB. At that time I posted on this forum regarding difficulties I was having with the stickiness of the guitar neck and later regarding the profile of the neck.

The stickiness eventually wore off, however I was unable to adjust to the guitars neck profile, which Martin call "Modified V" Indeed I now have carpal tunnel syndrome in my left wrist, which I believe was caused by my persistance in trying to "like" the profile. I should add that this is a very personal situation as the EC was and is a stunning guitar.

Thankfully today I have just received a Martin OM 21 Special to replace the EC. This Martin has a Low Profile neck. This was largely down to the kindness and customer care of the guitar store I originally bought the Martin from, namely Project Music of Devon in England. They couldnt have done any more for me, and were generous with regard the money situation.

I write this note just to update the many kind people who replied to my original pos

dennisg

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:25 am

donagh,

Yes, I remember you very well and, coincidentally, I was thinking about you recently and wondering how the neck issue turned out. Now I know.

Your story illustrates the potential danger of buying a guitar via mail-order (where you don't have an opportunity to "live with" a guitar for awhile before buying it), but also how nice it is when a dealer takes care of its customers.

I hope you're happy with the new Martin and that your carpal tunnel syndrome disappears.

tovo

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:29 pm

Glad to hear your issues are sorted out. Having the right guitar is so important, now you can go forward as a player instead of battling pain and injury.

Always good to hear about superior customer service as well. There are times when I can't help but think it's a dying art.

Thanks for taking the time to update.

Chasplaya

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:05 pm

HI Donagh,

Glad to hear things are working out for you. Also great to hear that customerservice is still alive in places. Now we need to hear the new axe.

suziko

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:36 pm

I can understand why the modified V neck wouldn't be for everyone. My 00-28VS also has that kind of neck, but I love it. I'm glad you've found the right guitar for you, and I also hope that your carpal tunnel clears up! Good luck and thanks for the update.

Suzi

sws626

Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:09 am

Hi Donagh,

Thanks for the update. I'd also been wondering how you were doing. The "modified V" neck profile is definitely a personal thing. I love it on mine, but can well understand that it's not for everyone. Glad you got sorted out with an alternative that suits you better. The guys down at Project Music are indeed a very helpful lot.

-Stuart

p.s. Take care of your wrist.

donagh

Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:23 pm

Folks just to say a word of thanks for your continued interest in my situation. Living in Norn Irn its easy to feelo isolated.
Thanks again, and Kind Regards.
Keep Plucking Martin :)

jayswett

Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:07 pm

I'd like to learn more about this modified V neck profile. Can anyone describe it to me, or perhaps post a phot?

suziko

Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:06 pm

Jay- I looked for a picture but none of the ones I found really show you what the neck looks like. Basically, instead of being flat in back, the back of the neck is rounded out.

See if this helps:

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/acoustic ... 111_bf.jpg

Hydroman52

Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:28 pm

Jay and Suziko,

Here is something that might help, too.

Martin neck cross-sections

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic