Breedlove BossaNova nylon string guitar

cavi

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:00 pm

I recieved mine a couple of weeks ago and it has taken a bit for us to become friends. I am very happy with it for what it is. So I will start with what it is. It is a fusion style guitar, in other word it has 14 frets to the body and the nut is much narrower than a standard classical. The neck feels very similar to the neck on a normal steel string guitar. So if you are used to a steel string guitar but want to have a nylon string for some tunes this is deffinitly the guitar for you. the fit and finish is impecable and the sound is nice, however it is not near as full as a top shelf classical. The feel of the neck is fantastic. All in all the guitar is very solid, and it is much lighter than a normal steel strng but still heavier than a standard top shelf clasical. Also, I must mention that this solid heavier neck does have one drawback, when you slide on the strings, even the smallest of slides you get that shriek, and it is much more pronounced than on a lighter less dense neck, especially if you are amplified. Bottom line, it will make you play more precise, you have to or pay the price, but it will reward you for doing so. Image

Lavallee

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:17 pm

Thanks Cavi, I will looking at something similar later on this fall. Your guitar sounds really good.

Marc

cavi

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Also take a look at the Cordoba, they have a line of fusion guitars, similar in specs to the Breedlove and way less money, around 800 dollars. I would probably go that route if I didn't already owne this one.

Lavallee

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:58 pm

I saw a Takamine in this price range that I liked

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic