Dare to dream...who would you play with?

Lavallee

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:47 am

If I have to choose one, I would say Jimmy page in a studio session, to see him work. Not to be a suck up, but I would love to play guitar with Neil any time. I had a chance once and would love to renew the experience.

Marc

dennisg

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:09 am

I'd love to be on tour with Sheryl Crow as her guitarist and sing harmonies with her. And since this is my dream, she'd, you know, probably dig me.

MarkM

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:25 am

Interesting question. I've never given this much thought before as I don't belong anywhere near the same room as any of these folks. But.... since your asking. I would have said either John Lennon or George Harrison but that isn't going to happnen now is it. So I guess it would have to be Neil Young. To be able to do that would be so much fun. Either playing with the acoustic or grabbing the electric and turning it up to 11.

MarkM

dekotaj

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:33 am

No surprise here,Jim Croce.

suziko

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:38 am

i think I'll go with Paul Simon. I've been loving his songs so much lately and he seems like such a sweet guy. It would be fun to play and sing a duet with him.

tovo

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:54 am

dennisg wrote:
I'd love to be on tour with Sheryl Crow as her guitarist and sing harmonies with her. And since this is my dream, she'd, you know, probably dig me.
She's only human mate...how could she resist?

sbutler

Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:06 pm

Well since its all just a dream and we can come up with anything or Everything we want.
How about having the command of every conceivable fret combination like Tommy Emmanuel, a blues bone that runs deeper than Stevie Ray, the creative genius of Jimmy Page, who arguably was years before his time, and THEN be able to do a show with Clapton.

And Oh yeah, I'd simply have to have Jennifer Nettles as a backup singer.

Please don't wake me.

Scott

blindshine

Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:48 pm

Ditto to Tommy Emanuel.....and I'd think I was in heaven to play some of the acoustic blues stuff with Led Zepplin......Hmmmm but Jim Croce? Now that's a pleasant thought.

Michael

Chasplaya

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:12 pm

My dream is to be on the stage for the Finale of one of Eric Clapton's Crossroads Festivals, playing with all the top artists that Eric chose for that particular year and of course Eric, alternatively to play alongside SRV on August 26, 1990, in Alpine Valley, Wisconsin featuring an encore jam with Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, Jimmie Vaughan and Robert Cray, last tune they played Sweet Home Chicago... I'd drive home though no choppers for me...

michelew

Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Eva Cassidy and the Indigo Girls at the same time. That would be fun. I wish Eva had been given more time on this earth.

Great singing and fun playing. River is Wide would need to be in the mix.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic