Dare to dream...who would you play with?

tovo

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:09 am

OK essentially a hypothetical, although my idea for a thread was prompted by the wonderful footage of the everyday fellow playing "Freight Train" with Tommy Emmanuel. That is an experience he will remember for his entire life I would think, and justifiably so.

So...given the opportunity to play with anyone, who would it be? For some, I suspect that it isn't necessarily someone famous. I would sure like to hear about that as well. I know there are a few fellow members I would sure like to jam with, and hope I can make that happen one day. I'm taking the "famous person" route.

So for me, having had time to think about it, I would be thrilled beyond description to play a tune with Cat Stevens. Of course there are others, but if I were picking just one, that would be it. I was ready for him to call me up on stage when I attended his concert recently, but he must have forgotten.

How about you?

neverfoundthetime

Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:35 am

Justin Hayward of the Moody Blues. I'd love to hear that voice close up and play along.If you were to ask me who'd I most want to have a conversation with, same answer.

pbraun

Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:00 am

Well DREAM is the key word here since I could never begin to keep up with anyone but that being said.... mine would be McCartney. I have actually had those dreams in the past.
Pete

smips65

Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:46 am

I'd go with Steve Howe.

But he would have to lend me one of his guitars :P

haoli25

Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:04 am

I would go with Tommy Emmanuel. I wouldn't be able to keep up with him, but I would try like hell to keep a few bass notes going. :) :) :)

Bill

willem

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:25 am

Its not realy that i dream but i remember the vid with ''freight train'' i loved the way it went,,the man could play ''freight train'' all thru and then it happen that he play's what TE played,that was so nice to see.. and i see TE now diffrent,,not the man with many notes but he can give some possibility's how to play(Daryl,mensiont that to)and i love the humor that TE throws in..i DREAM that i can play!!!

I dream that we tg'rs are going to meet ones, and give a blast of a show we never forget..

And if there are any famous artist that want to play with me,well call me!!!

OH, i almost forgot something i want to play with Jim56!!!!guitar then..lol

ffsooo3

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:26 am

Sorry, I'm too insecure and would be too intimidated to even attempt to play with anyone famous. Heck, I'm uncomfortable playing with anybody! :(

neverfoundthetime

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:28 am

ffsooo3 wrote:
Sorry, I'm too insecure and would be too intimidated to even attempt to play with anyone famous. Heck, I'm uncomfortable playing with anybody! :(
Hey Daryl, its a dream! You can do anything in a dream, even be confident. I know you'd go for Lennon or McCartney (probably John) or both. Why not? John's been dead for almost 30 years, he won't mind if you blow a chord.

...and I'd also really love to sing and play Year of the Cat with Al Stewart. Maybe Neil would join us as I know he's already don that!

ffsooo3

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:13 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
ffsooo3 wrote:
Hey Daryl, its a dream! You can do anything in a dream, even be confident. I know you'd go for Lennon or McCartney (probably John) or both. Why not? John's been dead for almost 30 years, he won't mind if you blow a chord.
Damn, there are some very funny members here! :laugh: When I'm actually dreaming I have confidence. When I THINK about dreaming, I'm all too aware of my insecurities. :(

BTW I don't think John and I would do too well together. We are both way too insecure.

AndyT

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:26 am

Musician would have to be George Harrison.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic