do you discover your progress sometimes??

willem

Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:04 pm

do you discover sometimes that your fingers progress,,i was practicing ''I'll have to say i love you in a song'' again and was again not happy with the sound,,then it happen,,and discover that my fingers did something else,with the barree's they went more in a 90 degrees to the fretboard and the sound was more pleasent,,,do i get more and more Neil's midlle finger and tips? Image

michelew

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Willem,

Absolutely! My barre chords are improving all the time (thank the Goddess). But, one thing I've noticed recently is that I can now manage a stretch in 'What Child is This' (Greensleeves) that I used to find excruciating (the E(7)). Suzi will know the one I mean. I used to marvel at the ease in which English Rick did it and now it's coming much more easily. I still need to think about it, but I's not torturous.

It's a nice feeling isn't it. And congrats on you progress Willem.

Michele

tovo

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:00 pm

I know what you mean Willem. I've been spending a lot of time on the finer detail of my current challenge and little changes can make a big difference to the overall sound. It's those small improvements that keep me motivated and help overcome any feelings of a lack of progress. As Michele said, kudos on your progress mate!

Lavallee

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:45 pm

Great thread Willem, doesn't it make us fell good when on a given day, the fingers seems to do a better job? Whatever the level of improvement for that day is always going to put me in a good mood. . After doing the same mistakes over and over, the memory finally kicks in. Makes it a great day.

Marc

blindshine

Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:06 pm

For days and sometimes weeks, I will struggle with a chord change or finger picking pattern and then one day I will begin playing and it just comes and I say "Wow....where did that come from? Those times make me keep going.

Michael

willem

Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:55 am

Michele(Shel),,manege a stretch,thats great,for me often a torturous(most)and give up the song or invent a diffrent transition,but it's great you can,it's not that i give up easely,maybe it develop in time with other transitions,,keep the good thing goin..

Tony,,i find it great you discovered also the diffrent in sound by such a litlle thing and find the finer detail and use it,such things keep me motivating also and can make my day..

Marc,,i discovered also that when we do something wrong that we do that in the beginning and when we be aware of it in his first state and then work very slow and right we come faster at a good result(make that since),well there are so many devolops we must make first, and thanks you keep a eye on me..

Michael,,yeah WOW,''were did came that from?'' it suprised me also often, it can come so sudden while playing and when i try again and think how i did that i can't find it,but it was something that keeps me going, i'm also happy when i practice a song and the skills in it carry over in a other song,keep the practice going and hope for many suprises..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic