Which bands or solo performers do you REALLY want to see live before it's too late? (bucket list)

neverfoundthetime

Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:12 am

Following up on Mark's threat about which concerts we've been to, which performers do you REALLY want to see live before they stop performing? Why?

Mine are:
The Moody Blues (shame on me that I haven't seen them yet!) As their music has been such an influence on me, I just have to see then one day soon!

Al Stewart - just love his songs

Gordon Lightfoot - man, I hope I do this soon! For me, he is one of the best singer song writers of the past 50 years.

willem

Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:27 am

Tom PET..OH SORRY,Tommy Emanuel,,really.. He came every year to a town 30 km away from my town,then when i wanted to go he stopped with goin there,,so a pity..

tovo

Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:42 am

Good topic Chris. I would really love to see Clapton live. Is it too late? Probably. But it would still be awesome.

MarkM

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:30 am

Great question. This topic always comes up with my wife and friends.

In no particular order.

Aerosmith - People know them as the Boston band but they started out in NH. I just want to go for the party and some pretty good music.

Neil Young - I know I've seen him but I really want to see him in his acoustic only set.

Rush - Had tickets 3 times in High School but never went. Grounded by my parents twice and the third time the roads were closed because of a snow storm.

Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam - Probably never get the chance here in the US but I sure would like to see him.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:34 am

Aerosmith - People know them as the Boston band but they started out in NH. I just want to go for the party and some pretty good music.

Neil Young - I know I've seen him but I really want to see him in his acoustic only set.

Rush - Had tickets 3 times in High School but never went. Grounded by my parents twice and the third time the roads were closed because of a snow storm.

Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam - Probably never get the chance here in the US but I sure would like to see him.
Aerosmith were absolutely amazing when I saw them about 15 years ago. If ever anyone was born to be showmen, it's Aerosmith.

I'll go with you to Neil Young and Cat Stevens!

God obviously doesn't want you to see Rush :-)

MarkM

Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:21 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:

Aerosmith were absolutely amazing when I saw them about 15 years ago. If ever anyone was born to be showmen, it's Aerosmith.

I'll go with you to Neil Young and Cat Stevens!

God obviously doesn't want you to see Rush :-)

I think you may be on to something Chris. Rush is touring again and I'll give it a 4th try. On a seperate note, I just watched the documentary "Rush Behind the Lighted Stage" last week and it was fantastic. One of, if not, the best rock/band documentaries I've ever seen. Well worth your time if you are a fan.

MarkM

abiliog

Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:21 am

No doubt,

Neil Young
I failed his concert a year ago. I will never forgive myself.

Crosby, Stills & Nash
Wonderful songs, wonderful voices, wonderful players.
Oh, and I love those voices singing together.

Joni Mitchel
Another beautiful voice and a wonderful composer.

Next, should be Eric Clapton unplugged :cheer: .

Abílio

snipe

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:40 pm

Bummed I never went to:
AC/DC
Led Zepplin
Pink Floyd
Alice Cooper
Aerosmith

Would really like to go to Grand old Opery and see Patty Loveless

Mike

haoli25

Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:52 pm

I would really like to see the reunion concert with Neil Hogan, the Heartbreakers, and Tom Petty. :) :)

mickm

Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:25 am

The big ones on my list It's already too late.

The Rolling Stones- I guess technically it's not too late, but after their last Super Bowl appearance I'm thinking maybe it is.

Grateful Dead

Mick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic