'My My Hey Hey' with vocals (?) by AcousticAl

Hydroman52

Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:51 pm

Wow . . . . Al, your singing is really good. When you've got a good voice like that, the guitar becomes just background noise to fill the voids and keep things moving. I could be wrong, but you may benefit from slowing it down just a tad. This might give you a little extra time to plan your next chord changes and that bass note run. It certainly wouldn't hurt any thing to leave your voice hang out in public a bit longer in a lengthened song. Did I already tell you that your singing is really good. Oh, and don't forget to introduce yourself . . . . there's a link for that somewhere on the site. HA!

Hydroman52

Boy, I wish I had a voice like that . . . .

jayswett

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:25 pm

Al,
You sound REMARKABLY like Neil Young. I thought your singing was really, really nice. The guitar portion needs a few more reps before you have it nailed, but that will come within a few days, I would think. Hard to imagine it's taken a whole year of watching you play before hearing you sing. Great video. Can't wait to hear the rest. Have you been working on Old Man? You would sound really good singing that one, I'd say.

Lavallee

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:17 pm

Hi Al,
I am really impressed on how your rendering of the song is. Your voice pitch is always good throughout the song. The strumming is very good too.

Great video
Marc

AcousticAl

Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:47 pm

alacoustic wrote:
Well the TG Techies are on the case trying to get my access to TARGET re-set.
Until that happens- I guess I'll post this here. I don't know what came over me- but I felt like singing in this version!

This video actually hilites two things that I usually have trouble with-- singing while playing, and strumming in general. I find it tough to either keep the beat steady or get lost finding the next chord or next lyric, etc.

Constructive comments welcome.

Hey guys- I'm back! That AlAcoustic guy's not bad, eh?? ;)

Thanks for all of your comments.
I think I misspoke/typed above. I didn't mean to say that I'm a particularly bad singer- or bad strummer (not great- but not bad). But when I try to put them together- the wheels tend to fall off. That's why I decided to post this. The only way I'll get better is to practice it, and not be afraid. So there you go.

I'll reply to other comments below...

cosmicmechanic

Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:48 pm

Al, I can only agree with the rave reviews you're getting.

I think you could make any song your own if you wanted to.

I just wonder if you had to put much effort into "finding your voice", and also when ?
(I must have misplaced mine somewhere the same night I lost my keys).

Pierre

AcousticAl

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Bob- Thanks for your supportive comments.

Chris- I take that as a huge compliment from you. I always enjoy your uploads with singing in them.

Dennis- Thanks so much. What took me so long? Couldn't tell you. I'm still not sure what prompted me to do it- but I'm glad I did.
You're right about the guitar flaws, and I will correct them. I'm lucky there weren't more!

Suzi- Thank you. You're a pioneer in your own right for the women of TG. Weren't you one of the first (THE first?) to do an upload with vocals? When's your next one? :)

Willem- I know you must not be far off with your version of this. I enjoyed your quick version that you uploaded a while back...

Daryl- You're right. I need to have a song down COLD before I even attempt to sing along to it. I've actually started taking Neil's advice and am just humming along to songs that I'd like to eventually sing. I find that helps with the timing.

Mark- Thanks for watching. Please do watch it again, as I'd love to hear any pointers you have about the picking- or picking in general.

Tammy- Another great TG singer! Thanks for your comment.

6string- Thank you.

Buddy- Thanks so much. You're someone who knows his voice and isn't afraid to belt it out. Me- not so much, but I'm working at it.

Michele- That's funny that you're the first person to say that the video cut off. I might upload the full version to TARGET-- now that I'm allowed back in! B)

Tony- No way. You did a great job singing in our collaboration. You're right about the riff. It accidentally switched up sometimes.

Matt- Thanks mate! And thanks for creating a place that we can all share videos like this.

AcousticAl

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:31 pm

Starting to get late and I'm working tomorrow- will be quicker here...

Kevin, Bill & Corey (sp?)- Thank you. I'm actually more of an imitator than a singer, if that makes any sense. I guess you'll see what I mean if/when I upload a different song.

Jim & Rick- Thanks. I don't know where I sprung that from. It's actually almost out of my range- as you no doubt noticed. The guitar is lowered a full step (I think).

Bear- That's funny. Thanks for checking it out.

Hydroman- Thanks for the tip. It actually felt slow to me while playing, but I'll try it slower and see what happens.

Jay- Thanks for your comments. Guess it has been about a year. Hmmm. Old Man?! Doubt I could reach those notes.

Marc- Thanks for taking the time...Glad you enjoyed it.

Cosmic- Thanks. Always had my voice- just needed the guts to use it.

haoli25

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:39 pm

Al, as good as your performance was, this in no way makes up for Justin Bieber. The world still owes Canada a butt-kickin' for that. :laugh: :laugh:

Bill

tovo

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:54 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Al, as good as your performance was, this in no way makes up for Justin Bieber. The world still owes Canada a butt-kickin' for that. :laugh: :laugh:

Bill
That guy is Canadian?? I used to like Canadians so much!

jcrocket

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:23 pm

Al, that was simply great! You may call it imitating, but I'd give anything to have the range to cover a Neil Young song without a capo or dropping an octave.

Jeff

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic