'My My Hey Hey' with vocals (?) by AcousticAl

willem

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:13 am

Well the TG Techies are on the case trying to get my access to TARGET re-set.
Until that happens- I guess I'll post this here. I don't know what came over me- but I felt like singing in this version!

This video actually hilites two things that I usually have trouble with-- singing while playing, and strumming in general. I find it tough to either keep the beat steady or get lost finding the next chord or next lyric, etc.

Constructive comments welcome.

BobR

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:24 am

Hi Al,

I think your a bit hard on your capabilities. I thought you did a really good job on both the singing and playing. Yeah maybe a couple very minor lapses but overall really very good IMHO of course.

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:31 am

My my, hey hey, Al! Yyu can sing! That sounded really great... just the voice for neil young songs. I can assure you, you sang that better than I could. Happy to see posting your first thread as a newcomer. Welcome newbee!

dennisg

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:33 am

Al,

Now that I've heard you sing, I have only one question: what the heck took you so long? You have a great voice -- pure and sweet, exactly on pitch -- and I hope you use it a lot more.

Anything I might say about the few flaws in the guitar playing I'm sure you're already aware of and will fix with some practice.

The sound was doing some strange things. I'd lose the bass periodically, then get a bit of phased effect.

But thanks for inviting me to your wonderful vocal coming-out party. I really enjoyed it.

suziko

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:43 am

I don't know, Al, maybe you were just channeling your inner Canadian, but I thought the vocals sounded great! Just perfect for this song, actually. Really nicely done. Good flatpicking, too. Nice, clear notes on the riff.

Suzi

willem

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:44 am

Al,you are realy out of the black and into the bleu(make that since),i enjoy it,you did well,,it looks a simple song but its very difficult in his pickout notes and strummings ups and down,,but a great song to have under your strings(belt),,keep it coming..

ffsooo3

Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:17 pm

Great singing. Very well suited for Neil Young songs (and I'm sure many others). In general the playing while singing was very good but there were momentary lapses. You've got the singing down pat (on key, in rhythm, and you know the words). You now have to get the playing (and picking) down pat so you don't have to think about it. Then playing AND singing will just happen.....

BTW great first post! :unsure:

MarkM

Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:33 pm

Al,

Holy smokes!!!!!! My My Hey Hey AL CAN SING!!!!!! Great job on the vocals!!!! The playing is better than you give it credit for. Just need some fine tuning on the ups and downs when picking the individual notes. I've got some issue from time to time on this song as well. The strumming part was pretty good and the guitar sounded nice in the lowered tuning. I'll have to watch the video again to see the playing in more detail as I was mesmorized by your sining the first time around. Very cool Al. Thanks for posting.

MarkM

wammer

Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:36 pm

So what or who ever made you think you couldnt sing. I thought it was great. Im in no position to coment on your playing so I wont but Im glad you have found your voice.Thanks for sharing.

Tammy

6stringbostic

Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:45 pm

great job Al! very impressive.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic