New Poll, How about a TG guitar Camp???

sbutler

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:40 pm

Reading the thread about an instructor at a camp, teaching methods that may or may not contradict the way Neil teaches, got me wondering.

How many people would make the pilgrimage to somewhere, to attend an acoustic guitar camp, led by our very own Neil ?

I think I would be very tempted to try. Time is off a premium these days. Only so many days off. Our only daughter is going to leave off for college after December, and my son will be getting married next June. So I do have a full plate, but man, I think it would be a real blast to meet a lot of you, and to actually learn something along the way.

Scott

lueders

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:43 pm

COUNT ME IN! I'm There! (WORK SCHEDULE PERMITTING) Great IDEA!

TGMatt

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:15 pm

Well...

couple of things..

We have had this discussion many times..

I called Neil a week ago on it with a couple of thoughts..

As long as it is not like herding cats with all your schedules, we can come up with a central venue, and your all ok with some "special " and I really mean "special" guests and we can actually get firm commitments, from folks, not just a yeah that'd be great, as we book an empty place and pull strings to get the secret guests there, then maybe we will have this conversation after our updated site goes live..

Thx for the post though lets see if folks jump on the idea..speak or forever hold your peace

Chasplaya

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:48 pm

I support the concept but not likely ever to make it to one in the US.

AndyT

Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:27 pm

What happened to the 'Live World Tour' idea that was going around before? I think that the tour could be combined with the 'camp'. The big problem would be the logistics.

Neil Hogan comes to your town with his Guitar Camp. 2 days of fun in the park! Learn new riffs and finally get that strumming problem fixed by a Master! Or is it being held at the local community center?

Or something like that....
Target members half off!

Lavallee

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:16 am

Count me in for the camp,

Marc

michelew

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:46 am

Sounds like fun, but I'm afraid it would need to be in my neighbourhood (Aus or NZ) for me to have a chance of making it. However, if it happens I'd love to see video of you all jamming together. That would be very cool.

tovo

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:08 am

I would need to see more detail in terms of proposed timings etc. I am not prepared to say "sign me up!" just yet but nor would I rule out making a trip if this were to take shape. I always enjoy my meeting with US customs who seem to think that I look like quite a shady character! :)

neverfoundthetime

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:41 am

Central place? That would be Zürich, so I'm in!
Swiss border guards probably won't let in green criminal-looking muglies either so Tony will have to be sent in a diplomatic pouch. ;-)

ceaser67

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:48 am

what a fantastic idea,i would seriously consider it,but like others would need time to organise things from my end,not a definate from me but a big possibilaty,i would really enjoy meeting up with some of you guys for a few days guitar session,coming from scotland would take some pennies but would be worth everyone of them,not been a holiday for 3 years now so would seriously consider it
Tommy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic