Micro BR and 'Angie' demo by AcousticAl

AcousticAl

Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:54 pm

Warning— Severe G.A.S. potential with this post!!! :evil:
(Gear Acquisition Syndrome if ‘ya don’t know)

Here's a demo video of my handy-dandy Micro BR. I've had the unit for quite a while, but have only used it as an effects processor for my guitar (UNTIL NOW)!

The first video below is me messing around with the multi-track function using parts of Croce's 'Have to Say I Love You in a Song'. It's not a 'how-to' video. It's more of a 'what's possible' video.

The second video was recorded a quite a while ago when I first got the Micro. This vid used to be on TG, but I took it down because the sync is off. I have since figured out the problem, but you’ll get the idea of one of the preset guitar effects that you can use on the Micro as well.

Anyways, check it ooot and let me know what you think.

jim56

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Thanks Al for that demo, whats the price for a Micro BR. After I learn how to play my guitars I'll be in the market for a BR, :)

jayswett

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Remind me of the cost. Thanks for the video. I can't believe it took you so long to post a video of you singing.

AcousticAl

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:11 pm

I think it was about $250 when I got it.

Edit- IMHO, $250 is an amazing price for what this thing is capable of. I'm sure I'm only scratching the surface as well.

Hydroman52

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:14 pm

Al,

Good Demo. Very informative and much appreciated.

Thanks,
Hydroman52

MarkM

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:26 pm

Al,

Thanks for putting this up. Great work. You did a remarkable job with the Croce song as well. Not sure if I missed that one on here as a video. Outstanding!!!!

MarkM

AcousticAl

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:54 pm

MarkM wrote:
Al,

Thanks for putting this up. Great work. You did a remarkable job with the Croce song as well. Not sure if I missed that one on here as a video. Outstanding!!!!

MarkM

Thanks for the feedback Hydro & Mark.

I did a guitar-only upload of 'Have to Say I Love You' a while back. No vocals on that one. But Neil reviewed it, which was cool.

What you're hearing on this demo is a new quick'n'dirty sample that I did. One thing I didn't mention was that the guitar is recorded via 1/4" into the Micro. The vocals were just on the internal mic, as I said in the video.

dennisg

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:58 pm

That was fun and informative, Al. Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, are you able to change the balance on the channels?

AcousticAl

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:12 pm

dennisg wrote:
That was fun and informative, Al. Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, are you able to change the balance on the channels?

Hey Dennis,

Yes you can. You can't really tell from my upload, but I centre panned the guitar-- panned main vocals about 30 to the left and harmony about 30 to the right. The problem is that I shot the Micro outputting through my computer speakers during the demo. You lose a lot of the quality playing it then recording it with my Flip cam. There was also reverb on all tracks as well that I doubt you'd hear on youtube.

There are a few negatives that I'll cover as well when I get another minute.

Music Junkie

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:36 pm

Al:

These are great little toys aren't they..... :)

I have had one for quite a while now too. I use mine to learn parts of songs by slowing down and looping quite a bit. The tool in ITunes to convert to MP3 works great with the MicroBR. Just keep your files ate a rate of about 96 - 128 kbps and they work very well. I keep mine at 128kbps and I can get about 200-250 songs on the SD card.

Also, you can get backing tracks for free all over the web. It is really neat to load some of these backing tracks and then play through the MicroBR. You can record like Al showed and basically have a complete song when you are done.

All-in-all, it is a fairly powerful tool. They run about $199.99 here at my local store. One down side is that the max SD card size is 1GB. If you keep your recordings in MP3 format, it is not too bad. However, if you record in wmv format, the files get very large, very quickly.

Nice video Al. You have obviously been reading the owners manual, something I have yet to do..... ;) ;)

J

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic