Teusday...Edit; ''in my life'' and ''i love her''

willem

Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:06 am

Today i work litlle on ''something'' i love to search good covers,,this one i like and the harp gives a nice feel to the song,,

willem

Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:51 pm

HaLLo,well teusday is not over yet and i'm in very big problematical case,, the problem is i must transpose ''AND I LOVE HER'' to the key of C,,,why would you ask,,well i want to play along with someone(inspired by Daryl's uploads) and he is playing the instrument in C,now do i know the orginal is in E,,so how would the progression go in C,,any genius devoloped people here that want to solved the qeustion with me,,i think the first original chord F#m would be in C a Dm??? hope to get some awnsers on this huge problem..

Tommorow more about the story and some music....

ffsooo3

Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:04 pm

Willem, If the original song is in E and you want to play it in C simply count the number of half steps from E to C (either up to C or down to C). Going up there are 8 half steps. Going down there are 4 half steps. From there you should be able to figure out all the appropriate chords. But perhaps an easier way to play in C (from a song in E) is to simply put a capo on the 8th fret and play in the key of E. Does that make sense? Such that when you play an E chord you are actually playing a C chord. An F#m chord is actually a Dm. Good luck. eMail me if you'd like.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic