Artists you would like to see more of

AndyT

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:02 pm

I just watched 'Stop dragging my heart around' and noticed that the entire song is 3 simple riffs played by 3 different guitars over and over through the song.

Lets get some old Country/Gospel stuff mixed in here. There is a lot of it that is very simple and takes 3 minutes to learn, but some of it can be quite the challenge.

michelew

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:29 am

willem wrote:

BTW I bought me a ukelele.............
YEH!!! I hope I know what that means.

michelew

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:30 am

Jason Mraz (Beautiful Mess would be a nice start).

Chasplaya

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:00 am

I would like to see a series of Sky with John Williams, here are a few examples for those who have not heard them: ( The best IMHO is the last one posted here)

Cavatina

Fool On The Hill

Troika

Toccata

lueders

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:28 pm

ncsurfer wrote:
John Prine would be my humble wish. :)

:) :) I'll Second that! I love John Prine! I think Paradise, & Angel From Montgomery, are two of the best songs ever written. I would like to be able to emulate Prine's laid back finger picking approach. And thanks to Steve Goodman, there is some EXCELLENT guitar playing on those albums. I also really like the country duet album that Prine did with a slew of female singers. In Spite Of Ourselves, and We're not the Jet-Set were standouts

The whole contemporary folk, or Americana, or whatever- you- wanna- call- it 'thing", is relatively untapped by T.G.

I would like to see TG venture there someday:

John Prine, Greg Brown, Gillian Welch, Ani Di Franco, John Hiatt, Wilco, Son Volt....that kind of stuff.

Or even their slightly more mainstream relatives like:

Counting Crows, Bruce Springsteen, John Cougar Mellencamp, Tracy Chapman, and T.G. favorite Tom Petty

lueders

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:24 pm

I should have prefaced my above comments by saying that I have been someone who has been very lucky in seeing stuff I like become lessons!!!

* I recommended "White Rabbit" and was so happy when it went up. I thought my head was gonna explode. I have had tons of fun playing it too. What a great song!!! Have had endless hours of enjoyment playing that tune. If that was the only song I knew how to play I would be happy. That is how much I love that song.

* We were asked to come up with some Eighties tunes for eighties week. I got carried away and came up with a list as long as South America...my favorite being "Take on Me" It was the whackiest of all, or so I thought. I can't tell you how surprised I was when that puppy became a lesson!!! What a great novelty song to be able to play! (well, I've 85% got it down.)

* I recommended "Lola: and guess what? It became a lesson, too. Love that song!

There have been so many more songs that were either already here or are being put up that I absolutely love! (As if, I have enough time to learn all those...)
Stray Cat Strut (someday!), all the Cat Steven stuff, Pure Prairie League, and now today Willie Nelson "Crazy". The list goes on and on & on & on....

So I didn't want to sound like an ingrate or whatever. When I requested : John Prine, Greg Brown, or Tracy Chapman or whatever in the above post.
Because I have been pretty darn lucky thus far!

leeson

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:10 pm

John Prine
Bob Dylan

Both are glaringly missing.

dennisg

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Sheryl Crow

Bonnie Raitt

Joni Mitchell

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic