Visit to my favourite guitar shop

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:35 am

I thought I'd take you all along with me on a trip to may favourite guitar shop: Die Gittare in Winterthur. It's a lovely shop in the olde town of Winterthur which is about 20 minutes down the road from Zürich. They have Martin, Taylor, Santa Cruz, Stonebridge/Furch, Lakewood, National, Gibson, Zemaitis and my favourite, BSG from the Czech Republic. Most of you living outside Europe won't have heard (of) BSG guitars before so I thought I'd share my pleasure of them with you.

I always enjoy the movies posted here which include a little more than just the songs we're playing, like Dennis showing us his home, Willem his "Hood" and Tony his trips abroad. So I thought I'd make use of my Iphone and take you along with me on a glorious autumn day in Switzerland and include some of the scenery.

I tried to always play the same bits and pieces so that it would be easier to compare guitars but I may have edited out a lot but I think you can get a feel of things. Enjoy!

Link to DIE GITTARE: http://www.diegitarre.ch/index.php

LINK TO BSG GUITARS: http://www.bsguitars.cz/

tom18

Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:58 am

Chris,
That was brilliant. Really enjoyed the tour, now I'm going out for an espresso myself.
Tom

prawnpig

Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 pm

Hey Chris,
Thanks for sharing that it was very enjoyable.

sbutler

Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:23 pm

Chris,

I loved it. Thank you so much. I would really like to go there with you sometime. Its a long way from Alaska, but its on my list of places to see.

And by the way, the woman with the voice like an Angle, has absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about. Wholly smokes, she's awesome. You should convince her to do a song with you, and post it on line.

Well I'm off to Nome Alaska right now, but thanks again. That was a wonderful little video.

Scott

NKenny

Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Chris
Enjoyed the tour, looks like a great place to live. Love the town with all the shops.

Kenny

ffsooo3

Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:08 pm

Chris, Thank you! That was great. It was almost like being there. Nice view off your balcony. What a glorious day for a visit to the city and guitar store. Loved the Taylor and the Santa Cruz. Will you buy me one of each? :kiss: :kiss:

dennisg

Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Chris,

I absolutely loved that. Thanks so much for posting.

MarkM

Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:31 pm

Chris,

Thank you for sharing that. You have a very nice home and neighborhood. Kind of what I had pictured in my head. Your daughter's voice is outstanding!!!! Wonderful tour you took us on. A very nice way to spend 12 minutes or so from our perspective. As for the guitars there sure were many fine instruements that you showed us. Some of which I and I'm sure many of us here in the US have never heard of. Great stuff!!! Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

Chasplaya

Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:37 pm

Chris,

How can you stand living in such idyllic conditions, you must just hate looking out at that fantastiche view each day, and really how can you stand walking about such a peaceful looking town without the hustle and bustle...

And that guitar shop it is just the pits man ... I mean walking through all the dribbling that must be on the floor after you've been there, absolute yuck

Hey Ale is a top singer you must be so proud, that was a bonus, I know you've done the duo thing but we need an encore.

Well those guitars sounded and looked good... I heard a little bit of Lightfoot and the Wreck there sounded neat , a good combo of the lead and the rhythm coming through.

Thanks Chris very well put together and an enjoyable trip.

wadestar

Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:46 pm

I enjoyed your phone trip, plus great guitars. My favorite trip to the city is to guitar stores. I just bought another Elect. guitar, well I still owe but it is home with me it is home because I live in that store lol. They gave me revolving credit so I better not get to many. One more after I pay this one off, but as my son says it is always one more. I bought a Godin I love this maker Canadian/USA made more Canada mind you as that is where it all started.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic