Visit to my favourite guitar shop

Lavallee

Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:11 pm

Chris , this is very nice of you to show us your surroundings and preferred guitar shop. You are a good guide.

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:45 am

Jim, I can't think of a better way to travel around the world than to visit one TG friend after another. You are most welcome any time. The cobbled streets were in Winterthur, outside the house it's just tarred road but it's still nice ;-).

Buddy thanks for listening in, we're all looking forward to accompanying you on a trip around your ranch or horse trip into the country. :-)

Bob, I guess music is a big part of life here. My younger sister used to sing in her sleep (full opera voice) which could be a bit unnerving!

Marc, happy to be your guide!

There's a guy, Matt, who goes around the world dancing badly at all kinds of places and then puts his video up on youtube. I've been toying with the idea of taking my guitar out on day trips around the country (you can go from one end of Switzerland and back in a day, easy)and putting it all together on a video. Maybe next project.

This is the best video on the net. Specially love the demilitarised zone in Korea, Papua New Guinea, India and Tonga. Brilliant! We have to get him to dance in Los Gatos.

willem

Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:32 am

Chris,i love it a,,what more to say,,you live in a nice place and have a great guitarshop with great sounding guitars,,

abiliog

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:15 am

Chris,
I just love it. Such a peaceful place to live, surrounded by music and a daughter with a beautiful voice singing with such a enthusiasm. She doesn't like to show up singing? Who can understand teenagers?

The guitar shop is another piece of paradise that you've got there.
..."Closing time? No, just in time to show you a Santa Cruz"... :laugh:

Thank you for sharing,
Abilio

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Thanks for listening in Willem and Abilio. When you walk into a shop like that it's already clear from the display of fantastic guitars that it's a great shop. When they let you sit there for an hour or two undisturbed and every guitar you pick up is perfectly in tune, you know you have come to the right place.

RicksPick

Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:44 am

Great Video's Chris
Yours and th dancing one

RicksPick

beaker

Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:07 am

Chris, that was a neat video. It looked like there was an Oscar sitting there in the music room when you went to film the singing. Was it yours? Beaker.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:43 am

Thanks for checking in Rick and Beaker. Yep, that's an Oscar, I wondered if someone would pick that up! Just a plastic replica :-).

waggis

Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:39 pm

Thanks for the tour of your house and Winterthur Chris. I was only in Winterthur once a couple years ago for the Swiss Taekwondo Championships, but the weather was wet, cold and foggy so I didn't make it out and about the town. I haven't found a guitar shop in Basel so nice as the one you found, but perhaps I just don't know where to look. The Swiss price tags were a bit shocking, but this is Switzerland.

Cheers
David

wrench

Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Thanks for the tour Chris. That looked like a VERY enjoyable way to spend some time. I really enjoyed Ale's singing, too. But sneaking up on a teen girl? Are you desperately seeking the Apocalypse? :unsure:

And when you go back to pick up that BSG, how about plucking that Lakewood a couple of times? Thanks again for sharing your trip, and check your PM.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic