Visit to my favourite guitar shop

haoli25

Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:53 pm

Chris, thanks for the tour, it was great! Tell Ale that she is awesome. I really liked her singing. Thanks for the Moody Blues too. I had to go find "The Story In Your Eyes" on YouTube and listen to it several times. :)
All of those guitars were beautiful and they all sounded really good. Looks like you will have a tough choice to satisfy you G.A.S.

Bill

AcousticAl

Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:11 pm

That was just great, Chris! Thanks for the tour of both your house and the guitar shops. If I lived near you I'd NEVER work!
(not that I work a heck of a lot now- but you know what I'm saying). B)

2 requests-
1) please do another song with Ale doing vocals
2) Please post your version of 'Don't Fear the Reaper'

michelew

Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:32 pm

I really enjoyed that Chris. What a fabulous shop and such wonderful towns to visit and live in. Thanks for the tour.

tovo

Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:40 pm

Chris I loved the video, thanks for doing that it was very interesting indeed and it's nice to see/hear a whole range of guitars from European companies. You know, only an Englishman can say "Holy Shit" and make it sound quite posh, like something you would say to Prince Charles in casual conversation. You area looks like a beautiful place to live, so peaceful.

Please let Ale know that Shrek thinks she rocks.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:16 pm

Hey Tom, thanks for listening in! Thank goodness for good coffee!

Prawnpig, how’s the whale watching out there… good weather for it?

Scott, hiya out there in Alaska! How’s the flying? You are welcome any time, I’d be proud to take you and anyone else from TG who visits to that awesome shop. The voice is Alessandra my 13 year old who is out in South Africa with her mum on holiday right now so she has no idea I have posted her. We did post a duet of Summer Wine way back but these days it has to be Leona Lewis or Christine Aguilera to convince her to sing with me these days! PS: Can you still see Putin on clear day? ;-)

Thanks for dropping by Kenny. All the towns and cities are picturesque here, I think there is a law about things not being beautiful... and tidy!!

Daryl I put the Taylor and Santa Cruz on order for you… that’s about 11’600 Dollars… without case!

Good to hear from you Dennis, you’ve been a bit quiet lately. Shall I book the trip for next summer? ;-)

Hi Mark, autumn arrived up there in New England yet? Must be beautiful too! I’d love to pass your compliment on to Ale... but then I’d be in trouble as I swore blind I wouldn’t show anyone.. Trust me! I said ;-)

Chas! I did have to wipe the drool off the floor afterwards of course. I threw in the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald just for you... we have that on our to do list still. My place or yours? Living in beauty can become a habit and it’s been 26 years now and I never tire of the beauty of this country. I‘ll have to go MTV to get Ale on board for a duet again… watch this space but don't hold your breath!

Thanks for lookin’ in Wade, the only reason I didn’t take a BSG home with me is that here you actually have to pay for something before you can take it home! Good job too otherwise I’d be in trouble!! :-)

Bill
... Ale says she doesn’t like her voice! Teenagers, you know! Still she does sing all day long pretty much non stop so that’s good. Thought you might like Story in your Eyes.. it’s the song that brought me to TG. I'm still waiting for someone to identify the other tune no one has named yet...

Al, not working sometimes is a problem I have here on sunny days... you guessed it! I end up late on the computer often. If I polish of Don’t Fear the Reaper I’ll post... it’s a nice one to play but the singing may be a bit so so. Cow bell, we have plenty of... in the field outside!

Michele, that was just the one room. Upstairs there’s another AND a whole room full of Classical guitars, you’d love that! Thanks for joining me.

Tony, glad you liked it. Yeah, I should have edited that comment but it seemed lame after what Ale shouted at me! I’d love to tell her Shrek is a fan but that’s going to be dodgy... you didn't see it! :-)

PS: I didn't want the video to be too long and steel folks time so I didn't point out the car in the last shot. It was just across the court yard parked in the shot. Maybe I should have filmed it too. Lovely vintage car looked a lot like this one.... Image

ffsooo3

Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:41 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Daryl I put the Taylor and Santa Cruz on order for you… that’s about 11’600 Dollars… without case!
Excellent! When can I expect them? :woohoo: :woohoo:

Oh wait, you don't even know my address. :( :(

I bet you're just teasing me. :blush: :blush:

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:44 pm

....they were asking me for your address and bank details.... they will accept hostages :-)

jim56

Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:06 pm

Hey Chris, thanks for the walk about. What a lovely village you reside in. Love the view from your balcony with the chapel and cobblestone streets. I've got your home place on my bucket list (from the movie of the same name) to visit, right after Los Gatos. :)

Jim

buddy

Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:09 pm

Chris,

That was really cool thanks for posting this up. Zurich is a wonderful town and your video captured its beauty.

Bud

BobR

Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:09 pm

Chris,

I see good music just is everywhere in your home even though you got caught :laugh: The trip to the guitar stores were fabulous. You stayed till they closed I heard, How many were you able to leave with? :woohoo:

Thanks for such a wonderful look into your home and town.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic