'Patience' - FULL version - 12 string

AcousticAl

Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:45 pm

So the jury is out on this particular 12 string. I don’t know if it’s the setup of the guitar (or lack thereof), or the actual make (Yamaha FG-720s). I’m serious when I say my fingers are a wreck- and it was all I could do to get through the song semi-cleanly. That look on my face at the end of the video was PAIN trying to fret that D-chord!! I hope it gets easier.

You’ll see I had some more fun multi-tracking though. :)

Comments welcome fo’ sho’.

deuce01

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:12 pm

Man that was great!! I might have to add that tune to my list. I thought you played it very well. I understand what ya mean as far as the challenge of trying to hold chords on a 12 string...can be tough. The only time i have played a 12 string is either a friends or at the guitar shop. I played a Martin that was beautiful to play everything else paled in comparison on ease of play. Of course the price is why it stayed in the store. I don't have enough flight time on a 12 string to have any recommendation though.

Thanks for sharing....that was real nice. Oh and Gold Star for the multi-tracking :)

Pat

willem

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:13 pm

No Al,that was a smile at the end,you weren't bite your lip,,well the whole thing made me smile,,way to go..one qeustion,,who was that in harmonie ''patiens'',,i think that was'nt you,,who was that out of frame???

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:18 pm

That was great Al. Stop whining about sore fingers and dud notes and set ups... this is what 12 strings are all about! ;-)

Woha! Ever seen the Harry Potter film with the Night Bus scene... when it suddenly gets narrow, the one with the shrunken head talking, well the forum just squashed me as I was writing this.... TGMIke putiing the hex on us! :-)

6stringbostic

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:48 pm

nice al - i gotta go back and look at your micro br video again - that's what you used for this?
keep em comin!
how bout srv's "pride and joy" unplugged 12-string version? rokon dude!

tovo

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:49 pm

Sore fingers is a reasonable price to pay for a great tune. You play it real nice Al. I'd sort of like to see you standing doing the Axl Rose snake dance but other than that it was cool. Nice whistling as well...not everyone can whistle, and certainly not in everyone can whistle in tune. You sure put songs together quickly. Great stuff.

buddy

Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Al,

That was really good. I like the over dubbing and the whole effect with the 12 string. It is great to see you enjoying the guitar so much.

Bud

haoli25

Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:28 pm

You Rock, Al. That was great. I liked the harmony vocals too. Now, get you a thumb pick and lets hear some fingerpicking on that 12-string. Thanks for posting this video.

Bill Image

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Great stuff Al, hey did that tab I emailed get to you? The SRV one I sent it to an address I got from you an eternity ago , vizcutter bit in it.. If not pm me your current one and I'll send it off again.

heatndude

Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:57 pm

That didnt hurt a bit ! My fingers are fine, great job man that is awesome. I have tried a few 12 strings they were all a b*&^ to play because the action is so high. I do have a buddy that has that same guitar, he had a set up done it and now it is a ton easier to play but still kills the fingers. Play til your fingers bleed !!!!!!!

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic