'Patience' - FULL version - 12 string

BobR

Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:24 pm

Hi Al,

Thanks for posting the full version. You did a really nice job. I really enjoyed the overdubbing/harmonies or whatever you call them. Anyway great job. So, will that twelve string ever make it back to the store? :laugh:

Bob

lueders

Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:56 pm

I loved it Al! Man, I wish I could whistle like that...You're 12 string sounds full & elegant and you did a bang-up job on a great song. Nice over-dubs... REALLY< REALLY

dennisg

Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:31 pm

Very nice job, Al. The guitar sounds great.

The impression I've gotten from trying out 12-strings in stores and from talking to people who own them is that it's not a guitar purchase you want to scrimp on. Cheap 12-strings can be very difficult to play and pretty unreliable in the long run. I played a good Martin and a Taylor 856 recently, and they both played extremely well, just a bit more difficult than a 6-string.

suziko

Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:58 pm

Honesty, Al, I loved it. Your singing sounds great in it and, as Tony mentioned, I LOVED the whistling! Plus, it was just a really fun peformance, with the multi-tracking, and your smile at the end. I'm really glad you posted the completed song. It was worth waiting for! I hope your fingers heal up soon! :)

Suzi

AcousticAl

Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:38 pm

willem wrote:
No Al,that was a smile at the end,you weren't bite your lip,,well the whole thing made me smile,,way to go..one qeustion,,who was that in harmonie ''patiens'',,i think that was'nt you,,who was that out of frame???

Thanks for everyone's comments and checking it out.

Believe it or not- all vocals were mine, Willem.

AcousticAl

Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:42 pm

tovo wrote:
Sore fingers is a reasonable price to pay for a great tune. You play it real nice Al. I'd sort of like to see you standing doing the Axl Rose snake dance but other than that it was cool. Nice whistling as well...not everyone can whistle, and certainly not in everyone can whistle in tune. You sure put songs together quickly. Great stuff.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic about the whistling, Tony. I actually watched the video again after many years and loved it! Such a great 80's vid. Can't say I'll be doing the Axl dance any time soon though. Doubt HE can even do it anymore!

Here she be:

wammer

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:01 pm

Al

I Loved it................. Pretty sure your having waaaaaaaaay to much fun with all your toys. What was it you said "never say never". :huh:

So whats the next thing on your list of things you are never going to do??????? :dry:

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :silly:

Tammy

AcousticAl

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:41 pm

Pat- Thank you. I played a Martin at the guitar shop as well. $1800 is a little steep for me, but it felt sweet.

Chris- If I can't whine HERE- where CAN I whine?! My wife could care less about my fingers!

6string- Yes I used the microBR for this.

Bud- Thanks for your comment. Yes, I'm trying to have a good time with this rental.

Bill- I don't think a thumb pick is in the near future- with this guitar anyways. Maybe when/if I actually purchase a 12.

Chas- I replied to your email. Thanks.

Mark- Interesting that your buddy has the same guitar but it still kills the fingers even after a good setup. Hmmmm.

Bob- Good question. As I said in the first post, the jury is still out.

Cori- Thanks. I actually lowered the tuning a full step on this version. Don't know if that's good or bad.

Dennis- I know you're right on this. You can't scrimp on a 12. There's too much tension on the neck, and too much potential to just sound BAD! I'm still playing other 12's when I'm in guitar shops. Actually played a Seagull Coastline 12 string that felt pretty good...

Suzi- It's not a smile!! Well a bit I guess. It was a cross between frustration and pain-- messing up the picking of teh D-chord WHILE it was causing me pain!

Tammy- Glad you liked it, and yes I am having fun. I'm glad there's a forum like this to post it.

pbraun

Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:09 am

Al, Sounds great ! Looks like a 12 string is in your future!
Pete

Lavallee

Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:42 am

Very nice production Al, the 12 string sound very good. I really like the harmony you can do now with your singing. You are improving so quickly. You are very good on the guitar, but the singing is new and you gained a lot of confidence rapidly. Love the whistling, in tune, like Tony said.

Great video

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic