Practicing away from home

Chasplaya

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:38 pm

Not being a frequent flier I have never struck the airline issue. I usually travel for work by car so easy - a guitar is loaded first. When its not work and I'm away for a few days visiting family (doesn't count as a holiday usually its more like work) A guitar is packed if at all possible, should be easier now we have no teenagers at home. If its holiday then again a guitar or maybe two will be packed first.

At work in my office I have a 1987 Epiphone PR400 Concert, its a laminate top but you would not know it to hear it.

Music Junkie

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:47 pm

I don't travel for work, so that is not an issue. However, when I do travel for leisure, I take my Baby Taylor with me. It has been in the back country of the Sierras and also on several road trips with me. Does not have the same sound as a full sized model, but it is pretty close to a full sized capo'd at the 3rd fret or so. Good enough to tell what i am playing (if I play it correctly....lol). It is 3/4 scale and is easy to pack into the car, or strap to my backpack. I am like you Tony, I have a hard time missing a day. Kinda go nuts without it...... ;) ;)

Jason

tovo

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:08 pm

This is the sort of stuff I was trying to elicit with my question. I think what Scott has raised no doubt has merit, a bit of a break not being such a bad thing to rekindle the enthusiasm.

Wally, that is some seriously good organisation mate. It's funny but you strike me as a very practical and organised guy, so I guess my impression was correct!

MJ I have a Big Baby as well...that is going on Christmas holidays with me.

AcousticAl

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:46 am

I just got back from a work trip.

Yamaha SLG all the way!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic