Wich song are you working on?

jayswett

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:57 pm

I'm all over the map. No direction. No organization. I definitely need to get my act together, and I know I've been saying that for a while. Regardless, I've been working on:

Duncan
Fields of Gold
Nobody's Home (Pink Floyd)
I Still Can't Say Goodbye

dennisg

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Ah thank you for letting me know Tovo, I was indeed afraid that you were....!

I just watched your video of Norwegian Wood again and reassured myself agáin that I'm sure that you can definitely strum The Scientist! ;)

tovo wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
I'm sorry Tovo, I didn't mean anything by that and I wouldn't say easy (The Scientist) if I didn't think it wóuld be easy for you, I've seen your video's, so that's why I said easy...really..
Vanessa don't stress I wasn't offended!! It's a simple misunderstanding. I was complimenting your playing. I saw your 1st video and you played that so very easy you are clearly an accomplished player.

sandysue

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:07 pm

One thing that all of us have incommon is that we áll work on several songs at the same time! I don't know what that tells me, haha, but it's interesting!

Well I know you can do fingerstyle very well, so I'm really curious for Fields of God! ;) When can we expect another video from you??

jayswett wrote:
I'm all over the map. No direction. No organization. I definitely need to get my act together, and I know I've been saying that for a while. Regardless, I've been working on:

Duncan
Fields of Gold
Nobody's Home (Pink Floyd)
I Still Can't Say Goodbye

coomba

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:45 pm

G'day
ACDC You shook me all night long
, (just wanted to make some noise and I love this song)
Neil Young Needle and the damage done (working on picking out the melody while strumming)
The Beatles Norwegian Wood (Same as above)
Johny Cash Folsom Prison (although not a lesson at TG and not all that difficult , I like this classic song and practicing the base notes in the strum to get that rhythmic train like sound). Also trying to sing this one something I haven't been able to do thus far.

Cheers
Scott

Lavallee

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:32 pm

I do not have any discipline for learning the songs as others have mentioned and do not intend to change the approach. My only goal is to have fun and relax from my crazy work (I like it but it is hectic). I also work on many songs as I also get bored easy (does not happen at the job either : getting bored. so I guess it suits my nature :laugh: ).

I am working now on Rhiannon (I was pretty adamant to have the tabs of Neil's intro, I have to learn it now), Mrs Robinson (great intro, not so easy), finishing Windy and Warm, Enter sandman (Metallica) (to play with my boys , one of these days) , my long term project: Mood for a day, China Grove (now that is a fun song), Sultan of swing, Walk this way (both on electric guitar), Layla (Tony inspired me to learn the picking), a bunch of other ones to get ready to play with Pierre. So I am learning one note per song every other day, it is a long process, but not boring.

Marc

willem

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:18 am

Lavallee wrote:
I do not have any discipline for learning the songs as others have mentioned and do not intend to change the approach. My only goal is to have fun and relax from my crazy work (I like it but it is hectic). I also work on many songs as I also get bored easy (does not happen at the job either : getting bored. so I guess it suits my nature :laugh: ).

I am working now on Rhiannon (I was pretty adamant to have the tabs of Neil's intro, I have to learn it now), Mrs Robinson (great intro, not so easy), finishing Windy and Warm, Enter sandman (Metallica) (to play with my boys , one of these days) , my long term project: Mood for a day, China Grove (now that is a fun song), Sultan of swing, Walk this way (both on electric guitar), Layla (Tony inspired me to learn the picking), a bunch of other ones to get ready to play with Pierre. So I am learning one note per song every other day, it is a long process, but not boring.

Marc
Hey Marc,what up with ''classical gas'' then.

mark

Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:53 am

I'm working on chord melody arrangements of songs using a pick

Beatles - let it be and Hey Jude
Moody Blues - Nights in white satin
Pink Floyd - Wish you were here

also learning Neil's on the horizon

Lavallee

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:23 am

willem wrote:
Lavallee wrote:

Marc
Hey Marc,what up with ''classical gas'' then.[/quote

Hi Willem, thanks for checking. I have learn classical gas a while ago but it is still not perfect there are always muted strings and there is a quick 3 chords sequence that I am still struggling with (I think this the toughest part of the song). However whenever I take the guitar this is the first song I play, I never want to forget that one (this is the song I am the proudest of as an achievement even though it is not y perfect still ) but I did not put it in because it is not a new song at this point.

Marc

willem

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:31 am

Lavallee wrote:
willem wrote:
Lavallee wrote:

Marc
Hey Marc,what up with ''classical gas'' then.[/quote

Hi Willem, thanks for checking. I have learn classical gas a while ago but it is still not perfect there are always muted strings and there is a quick 3 chords sequence that I am still struggling with (I think this the toughest part of the song). However whenever I take the guitar this is the first song I play, I never want to forget that one (this is the song I am the proudest of as an achievement even though it is not y perfect still ) but I did not put it in because it is not a new song at this point.

Marc
Thanks Marc,i knew it was'nt in the closet,,soon you have it in the pocket and show it to us,,i love your taste of songs,,

6stringbostic

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:35 pm

here goes:

REFINING

windy and warm
here comes the sun
just breathe
freight train
goodbye blue sky
is there anybody out there

NEW

i still can't say goodbye

REVISITING

landslide (randomizing picking and getting the solo part)
the greatest discovery

...and of course numerous distractions - romeo and juliet (hector and dire straits), godfather theme, love story theme, and all the old buffet, s&g, etc. etc etc ----- too many songs not enough time!

thanks for asking!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic