Wich song are you working on?

tovo
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:35 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:10 am

Hi everybody!

After reading so many subjects and comments, and watching video's, I'm just really curious what everyone is up to on the guitar, I mean right nów, wich song are you working on? And/or what technic are you trying to improve?

As for myself, usually I work on different songs, going from one to the other, otherwise I get sick of it. But for the moment I'm trying to get Suite Judy Blue Eyes down, cause I think I might post it. I sat down for it when I joint TG, two months ago, and picked it up again this week. The difficult thing about the song is that it has more then one section, and here and there you have to fill it up yourself. Neil doesn't explain how to do this as well as for the outro of the song, actually because of the upgrading (I think) some sections are gone... :( ....anyway, there's some improvising I need to do and it's a lóng song, chances are I mess up at some point, haha!

Anyway, how about you all? :) Image


AcousticAl
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:10 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:15 am

Great picture!

I'm trying not to work on anything new right now. Actually thinking of going back to a few of my earliest uploads and taking another run at them. Assuming (hoping!) there will be a significant improvement.

I think 'Brain Damage' was my first upload on here.

Actually the first video upload ever on here if I'm not mistaken. B)

BTW- It's great that you're taking such an active role on here. Nice posts.


willem
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:53 am
Status: Offline

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:29 am

Hello Nesh,,well i try!!many Beatles songs,,never was a fan but now i discovered them and find they are great and we just got a new one,''I'll follow the sun'',,i must confess i mess up with studying I'm all over the place and can be so distrack'd, i must really make me a main list and go for it..but on this moment my main song is ''SCARBOROUGH FAIR'' ...keep smilling!!


ps I wanted to start my answer to your thread with ''How you doing so far,,i think very well,,,so you see i'm a mess..


michelew
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Status: Offline

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:51 am

Nesh, Great question and I also love the way you've jumped into the deep end of the forum.

I'm working on far too many things at the moment!

- Moondance (hidden pick, swapping between strumming and picking, a jazzy feel)
- While My Guitar Gently Weeps (palm muting, fast moving barre chords)
- Autumn Leaves - simply beautiful - but the F7 is driving me nuts!
- Landslide - playing around with the picking pattern while singing and keeping the progression going
- California Dreamin' - singing and playing
- Greensleeves - Hector's latest offering, I just started looking at it.

And after watching Craig's video of 'I'll Have to Say I Love You In a Song' - yep that too.

There are heaps of others too that I'm trying to improve upon, refresh or finish learning. I'm trying to focus on barre chords in general overall.

My disciple is out to lunch at the moment. So yep, WAY too many things. But, my motivation is back (after leaving home for a long time) so I might just be able to finish something to the point of posting again within the next month, maybe...

I'm looking forward to everyone's responses. But, chances are I'll find yet another distraction.

Michele


User avatar
neverfoundthetime
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:14 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:54 am

Well I like to fiddle around all over the place too or I get bored also but I also get hung up on a sound or song at times. At the moment I'm hung up on All Right by Toad the Wet Sprocket and some of their other wonderful songs. Took at look at Neils lesson on AMerican WOman last night... loved that! May post All Right soon ... if my daughter brings along her Kodak zi8 at the weekend..... :-)


AcousticAl
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:10 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:40 am

Haha, thanks!! :P

So the very first upload was yours, wauw, that's a momentum! ;)

And you're right, sometimes going back is a very good thing to do, otherwise you forget. I do that too occasionally and usually it's a lot of fun!

BTW-thanks again!

AcousticAl wrote:
Great picture!

I'm trying not to work on anything new right now. Actually thinking of going back to a few of my earliest uploads and taking another run at them. Assuming (hoping!) there will be a significant improvement.

I think 'Brain Damage' was my first upload on here.

Actually the first video upload ever on here if I'm not mistaken. B)

BTW- It's great that you're taking such an active role on here. Nice posts.


familyman4
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:29 pm
Location: Arizona
Status: Offline

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:50 am

Wauw, I'm very impressed! That's quite a list, you're head must be spinning! :P

Good to hear that your motivation is back (I've missed the part that it was gone because of you being away from home....? And what do you mean by your disciple?), cause I'm really curious for your next post!

And yes, the forum is a fun place to be and it's really nice to watch everyone play! ;)

How is your singing along going? I don't think that I've seen a video from you doing so, is that right, or did I just miss that as well?

Oh yes, and another thing, Autumn Leaves, beautiful song, but unfortunately not a lesson at TG, so what tabs/sheets are you using?

I'm sorry, lots of questions! (you'll get distracted again, lol!) :laugh:

michelew wrote:
Nesh, Great question and I also love the way you've jumped into the deep end of the forum.

I'm working on far too many things at the moment!

- Moondance (hidden pick, swapping between strumming and picking, a jazzy feel)
- While My Guitar Gently Weeps (palm muting, fast moving barre chords)
- Autumn Leaves - simply beautiful - but the F7 is driving me nuts!
- Landslide - playing around with the picking pattern while singing and keeping the progression going
- California Dreamin' - singing and playing
- Greensleeves - Hector's latest offering, I just started looking at it.

And after watching Craig's video of 'I'll Have to Say I Love You In a Song' - yep that too.

There are heaps of others too that I'm trying to improve upon, refresh or finish learning. I'm trying to focus on barre chords in general overall.

My disciple is out to lunch at the moment. So yep, WAY too many things. But, my motivation is back (after leaving home for a long time) so I might just be able to finish something to the point of posting again within the next month, maybe...

I'm looking forward to everyone's responses. But, chances are I'll find yet another distraction.

Michele


tom18
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 8:22 am
Status: Offline

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:55 am

Oh yes, The Beatles, my favourite band ever, great songs! Been playing them ever since I was a kid! And also I'll follow the sun, lovely tune!

So Scarborough fair, by Simon and Garfunkel? How is it going?

And Willem, come on, you're not a mess! You're just easily distracted, like many of us, haha!

willem wrote:
Hello Nesh,,well i try!!many Beatles songs,,never was a fan but now i discovered them and find they are great and we just got a new one,''I'll follow the sun'',,i must confess i mess up with studying I'm all over the place and can be so distrack'd, i must really make me a main list and go for it..but on this moment my main song is ''SCARBOROUGH FAIR'' ...keep smilling!!


ps I wanted to start my answer to your thread with ''How you doing so far,,i think very well,,,so you see i'm a mess..


Music Junkie
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:17 am
Status: Offline

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:59 am

Well I definitely hope your daughter will, cause I'd really like to watch a video from you! ;)

Have to admit that I'm not familiar with Toad the Wet Sprocket or American Woman, I should take a look at the lesson I guess, or maybe I should wait what you come up with! :P I'll be waiting!

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Well I like to fiddle around all over the place too or I get bored also but I also get hung up on a sound or song at times. At the moment I'm hung up on All Right by Toad the Wet Sprocket and some of their other wonderful songs. Took at look at Neils lesson on AMerican WOman last night... loved that! May post All Right soon ... if my daughter brings along her Kodak zi8 at the weekend..... :-)


michelew
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Status: Offline

Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:17 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Wauw, I'm very impressed! That's quite a list, you're head must be spinning! :P

Good to hear that your motivation is back (I've missed the part that it was gone because of you being away from home....? And what do you mean by your disciple?), cause I'm really curious for your next post!

And yes, the forum is a fun place to be and it's really nice to watch everyone play! ;)

How is your singing along going? I don't think that I've seen a video from you doing so, is that right, or did I just miss that as well?

Oh yes, and another thing, Autumn Leaves, beautiful song, but unfortunately not a lesson at TG, so what tabs/sheets are you using?

I'm sorry, lots of questions! (you'll get distracted again, lol!) :laugh:

michelew wrote:
My disciple is out to lunch at the moment. So yep, WAY too many things. But, my motivation is back (after leaving home for a long time) so I might just be able to finish something to the point of posting again within the next month, maybe...
I've been practising most of those songs for about a couple of months now, so while I'm jumping from one to the other, it's not a dizzying practise schedule.

No problem about the questions. I used too many idioms. So:

- "leaving home" - I was just stressing that I had no motivation
- "discipline" - is focus - the ability to set a goal and stick to it rather than get distracted
- my next post - maybe Landslide - but, I was hoping to upload a strumming song next since I always choose fingerpicking songs
- my singing - really not great - but I'm trying anyway - I uploaded a singing song ages ago, which I find hard to watch now - "Bring on the Wonder" - that was really scary! But, I intend to do it again at some point.
- Autumn Leaves - I purchased the sheet music.

Check out DennisG's video of it and Neil's review if you haven't already - It is exquisite - just so beautiful.
Have fun.

Michele


Post Reply Previous topicNext topic