Wich song are you working on?

tovo

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Hahahaha, well you two got me really confused here, OMG! :laugh:

michelew wrote:
dennisg wrote:
I've been messing around with an old Don McLean song called Vincent (Starry starry night) and the Sheryl Crow tune Strong Enough. Problem is, my own personal disciple keeps interrupting me to go floss my teeth, balance my checkbook, and ponder my future. Stupid disciple!
Ha ha. You crack me up Dennis. Good thing I wasn't drinking tea or I would have been wearing it now (i would have spat it all over my iPad)?

But, contrary to the recent conjecture from a certain all round sportsman, model and yodelling adventurer that likes to photograph himself with fish, I swear that my disciple/discipline was not a deliberate attempt to confuse our Dutch friends. I simply manage to trip over and confuse myself often. And I'm using the 'it was after midnight here' excuse too.

tovo

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:36 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Hi Tovo!

Don't tell me you're still in that hotel-room, are you?
Nope. Escaped the hotel room now.

You might find my idea of easy and yours to be a little different Vanessa, but thanks very much for the offer to help, I will ask it I need to you can count on it.

michelew

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Oops! I've been saying 'oops' too much in the last 24 hours.

I fear that if I try to clear up the confusion I'll just give Dennis more material to make me laugh. I now have an image in my head of Dennis being followed around the house by a disciple who's barking orders at him like a boot camp instructor.

But here goes. In my original response to your question the word 'disciple' should have been 'discipline' (it was a typo). The rest is just Dennis being hilarious and giving me my just desserts for mis-using the Engish language.

Oops!

wammer

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:47 pm

I'm sorry Tovo, I didn't mean anything by that and I wouldn't say easy (The Scientist) if I didn't think it wóuld be easy for you, I've seen your video's, so that's why I said easy...really..

tovo wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Hi Tovo!

Don't tell me you're still in that hotel-room, are you?
Nope. Escaped the hotel room now.

You might find my idea of easy and yours to be a little different Vanessa, but thanks very much for the offer to help, I will ask it I need to you can count on it.

tombo1230

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:52 pm

I know, hahaha, really, I know what you meant! At first I wasn't sure, then you explained and then accidently Dennis goes on the same path and I thought: Maybe both words mean the same thing in such a context????? But obviously, after you're 'thank god, I wasn't drinking tea'-post I was sure of course, but you guys make me laugh out loud, haha! :lol:

michelew wrote:
Oops! I've been saying 'oops' too much in the last 24 hours.

I fear that if I try to clear up the confusion I'll just give Dennis more material to make me laugh. I now have an image in my head of Dennis being followed around the house by a disciple who's barking orders at him like a boot camp instructor.

But here goes. In my original response to your question the word 'disciple' should have been 'discipline' (it was a typo). The rest is just Dennis being hilarious and giving me my just desserts for mis-using the Engish language.

Oops!

AcousticAl

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:38 pm

Craig wrote:
Besides Croce's, I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song...I've been on an "Intro kick". It's probably not good to learn just an intro and not the whole song, but Im finding that most intros have a combination of techniques that I need to work on ( picking melody notes, slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs) that help my overall playing....somewhat. Plus, they just plain sound cool!

Slippery slope, Craig. Nothing frustrates a listener (read wife) like starting a song that they're just getting into- then NOT being able to finish it. Intros & riffs are fun, though.

waggis

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:29 pm

I haven't been online much, but I think my two daughters who have gotten interested in playing have been logging on. After putting the "Fisherman" away for a few months I've now managed to put all 5 sections together and now working with the metronome. It is so intimidating listening to Leo play at warp speed. The other two songs I have been working are "Cocaine Blues" and "This Old Guitar".

cavi

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi there!

Thanks for joining in again!

So your daughters are getting enthousiastic about playing? That would be great right?!

But I understand you áre working on songs at this moment? Wauw the Fisherman, that is really uptempo! If you can do that, that'd be just great! As for Cocaine Blues, have to admit, I don't know that one, but of course This old guitar, well if you can do the Fisherman, then I guess you're doing the fingerstyle version?

I'm sorry, lots of questions, it's just nice to meet you!

All the best,

Vanessa

waggis wrote:
I haven't been online much, but I think my two daughters who have gotten interested in playing have been logging on. After putting the "Fisherman" away for a few months I've now managed to put all 5 sections together and now working with the metronome. It is so intimidating listening to Leo play at warp speed. The other two songs I have been working are "Cocaine Blues" and "This Old Guitar".

schm040

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Hey all,

From the Target list I have found myself leaning on the guitar instrumentals the most, and right now On the Horizon, Godfather Theme, A Time for Us, and Embryonic Journey.

I also love the Christmas solos, I wish there were more of those and some tougher ones to push my playing out further.

Matt

tovo

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:53 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
I'm sorry Tovo, I didn't mean anything by that and I wouldn't say easy (The Scientist) if I didn't think it wóuld be easy for you, I've seen your video's, so that's why I said easy...really..
Vanessa don't stress I wasn't offended!! It's a simple misunderstanding. I was complimenting your playing. I saw your 1st video and you played that so very easy you are clearly an accomplished player.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic