Chet / Tommy Lesson "I still can' say goodbye"

schm040

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:05 pm

Hey all,
I sent this question in to Support, but I know they are busy and often the answers to many questions can be obtained from y'all.

I took a crack at the Tommy / Chet lesson "I still can't say goodbye" and first off, I love the song and am looking forward to learning it. I enjoy the fingerstyle stuff the most and particularly "lilting" ones like this song. That said, has anyone else noticed that the .pdfs for the Tab appear to be missing parts? The Tommy version is missing the chorus and bridge and the Chet one part of the Chorus, I think. It might be that I just am not looking close enough, but I thought it would be worth getting this question to my fellow Target members.

Matt

jayswett

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:41 pm

I was looking at the Tommy version and noted that some of the tab seemed missing. I tend to rely more on the videos, though.

TGNeil

Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:24 pm

Hi Guys,

I will take a closer look soon. As I recall (I shot the lesson many months ago), Chet's version includes the Intro, Verse, Chorus, Bridge, and Outro. Most of the parts do not include specific fingerpicking patterns because they are all the same. The tab just shows the chords.

As far as Tommy's version, I think I explained in the lesson that the main embellishments are in the Intro and Outro, and those are the only parts that should need tab. The rest of his differences are in the chord chart, which includes the lyrics and both guys' chord progressions.

I will dig a little deeper as soon as possible.

Neil

jayswett

Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:35 pm

Regardless of the tab issue, which is probably a non-issue, it's an incredible lesson. I'd recommend it to everyone.

schm040

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:43 am

Neil, thanks for the reply. It is an incredible lesson, and as you have taught us, I will focus on listening instead of relying on the tab solely for guidance.

Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic