Follow Up on Gender In Songs: Check Out Huffamoose's "James"

schm040

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:43 am

For all you song lovers out there, its really hard not to love this song immediately.

The video that accompanies the song is someone's own interpretation.

For me, what is interesting, and a follow up on the recent gender in songs, is that this is a song sung by a man but from a woman's perspective about her boyfriend "James". Anyway, that's how I interpret it.

It would be cool to hear what the rest of you think.

Matt

willem

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:56 am

I'm not sure,,but his friend is James in this case,,

suziko

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:24 am

Nice song, though I'm not convinced it's written from a woman's perspective! I also thought the accompanying video was quite sweet.

michelew

Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:14 am

Beautiful song, great video and very important issue. I don't really think it matters who wrote the song. The sentiment is the same.

Michele

AndyT

Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:43 am

The song. I'm not sure what the writer had in mind when it was written, but I get that its about going after your dreams. Always a lofty goal. I didn't care for the music so much though, its not really the style of song I tend towards. Maybe if it was a bit faster and had a stronger back beat.

Edited...

willem

Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 am

Oke this is a guitar site,it goes about guitar and songs but also about people,we can walk away from it or tell a huge story,, i just want to say im not against how people want to live there life and everybody must have the same rights,,live your life,,,

michelew

Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:32 am

TG team - please remove this response. Thanks

schm040

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:19 am

Hey,

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate everyone's interpretation, though I will say I did not intend to instigate a politically charged discussion.

I believe the video posted with the song influences one's feelings about the song's meaning and perspective.

In any case, this site is about music and songwriting, and it's fair to say both are meant to be felt and heard differently by each listener.

Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic