How about our own guitar "Snapshots" Videos?

AcousticAl

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:27 am

Hey Folks,

I was just thinking that it might be cool to have a thread or category on TG specifically dedicated to videos where people show their guitar/features etc. Maybe a bit of playing to show a particular feature, but not really geared towards technique etc. More focused on showing what they like or don't like about their guitars. I guess kind of a member version of "Vintage Snapshots".

Was just wondering if others would be interested in something like this. Might turn into a good resource as well.

Matt might have something like this up his sleeve already.

BigBear

Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:45 am

Great idea Al! Maybe the guitar's owner could give a little review or demonstrate what they like or don't like.

The biggest challenge is with web=based videos the sound quality is so bad, coupled with video cameras not designed for high fidelity, and it will be tough to get anything meaningful from the sound.

But it would cool to see what others are playing!

Cheers! :cheer:

TGMatt

Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:39 pm

Give us a day or two and you will see the first part of something ...

;)

Chasplaya

Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:43 pm

I started doing this a while back and made one video of my Alhambra (Its on my profile page), I mentioned in the vid I was planning on doing that for all my guitars, Matt jumped in and suggested wait as something was in the pipeline. Still waiting but with so much going on I'd forgotten my plan to continue, Matt will be along shortly and let is know what's up.

Chasplaya

Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:44 pm

Lol told you Matt would be along, didn't think it would be whilst I was typing though

MarkM

Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:52 pm

I think this is a great idea. Almost like a virtual guitar store. If you can't play the guitar yourself this would be the next best thing. I'm very eager to see what Matt and the team put together.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:02 pm

That's cool Matt. Would be both informative and interesting.
Re. Bear's comment-- again, not to show playing necessarily- but to give hi and low-lites and opinions of guitars that people own. And maybe how they ended up with that particular one? Maybe a freeflowing video where people just chat about their guitar... Or maybe a basic list could be followed so that people would know what to talk about? For example:
-materials used
-body size
-finish
-action
-playability etc.

Maybe a combo of both?
Just riffin' here.

I've been poking around guitar stores for a few weeks and never really know what guitars to try out, so this could be a good resource for that. I have stumbled on a few gorgeous guitars though. Very tempting...

AcousticAl

Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:05 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
I started doing this a while back and made one video of my Alhambra (Its on my profile page), I mentioned in the vid I was planning on doing that for all my guitars, Matt jumped in and suggested wait as something was in the pipeline. Still waiting but with so much going on I'd forgotten my plan to continue, Matt will be along shortly and let is know what's up.
I do remember you doing that, Chas. Will have to check it out again...

sws626

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:52 pm

Sounds like a great idea. And you can start by introducing us to you new DC-16. Can't wait to hear all about what you like about it and how it compares to what you'd been playing before and other guitars you considered.

sbutler

Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:08 pm

Alas,

I don't have the new fangled video capability.

However, I am wild about cool figure in exotic guitar wood and I did post pictures of my cute little Seagull yesterday in my profile page.

That will have to do for me for now. Not that I wouldn't share a video if I had one.

Scott Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic