One crazy night

boldent

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:38 am

Earlier this week I watched the “Totally Guitars Video News October 30, 2010”. Neil played a snippet of Silent Lucidity and I said to myself....whoaaaa....wait a minute... there’s something spooky going on here. That song is in my all-time top (5) favorite songs to listen to, and now there’s a chance I might get to learn it??? Out of nowhere, the wind started howling as lightning struck a power pole. Then suddenly a shadow moved across my wall. I turned and ran for my guitar, desperately I tried to pick out the licks but I couldn’t get them right. Sweat and tears poured out of me as my fingers bled music notes. The shadows were now in multiples of 100’s gathered together facing me as if I’m on stage playing my last song.......so I played with all that was left in me, working the chords, reaching for the lead solo’s..... till I fell to the floor in exhaustion. Then one shadow steps forward and with a ghostly voice said.....”please ask Neil to post that lesson immediately, your killing us with those licks”.

I’m sooo glad I joined this site. Anyway, I've been practicing from that snippet and I almost have it, but still missing some licks. I can hardly wait till it hits the ‘lessons’ section. Neil, if you keep this up I’ll have to move Clint Eastwood out as hero and put you in his place. Hehe.

I just wanted to say, not only is Neil an awesome guitar player/teacher but he must be physic too.

TGMatt

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:27 pm

....Pauses...and counts..

AndyT

Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:05 am

And first thing after I awoke and got ready, was to open the lesson section and play this lesson from start to end. Then I did it all again. And again...

cosmicmechanic

Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:06 am

... and though the holes were rather small ... they had to count them all ...

tovo

Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:17 am

Dude this is a bit of a strange thread, I'm not following very well and I might be missing the joke...I can be a bit slow on the uptake sometimes.

Anyway....I am just trying to help. The full lesson is there...has been there the whole time:

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... ueens-rych

AndyT

Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:32 am

Tony,
When the thread was started, the lesson had not been posted yet. Matt was counting down till it got noticed. I was looking for it constantly after I saw the teaser vid. I had to sleep sometime so as soon as I got up, I looked again and there it was.

Now Peirre (cosmic) has simply lost it. But then we knew that about him right? :laugh:

tovo

Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:57 am

Right I understand Andy thanks. I thought the full lesson was there from the get-go. Not to worry. The Cosmicmechanic is a cool dude. I don't always get his cryptic remarks, but I'm certain it is my failing and not his!

AndyT

Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:59 am

Now we know how many holes it take to fill the Albert Hall!

AndyT

Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:01 am

Speaking of this lesson,
I'm filming how I play it now, then later after I work on this lesson, I'll re-film it to see my improvement.

but just watching it, I've already picked up on a couple of tips that make it so much easier to play... LOL

neverfoundthetime

Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:39 am

Love this kind of thread. But I know what you mean Tony, if the references are too obscure, you can't make head not tail of it but I thought Boldent played this one really well and I was just thinking from a previous thread that Cosmic's comments are fun, cryptic and clever. I was thinking COSMIC CODE just before I read this thread. Great to wake up to a good laugh!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic