Guitar Pro update

sbutler

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:22 pm

An update to those of you that were interested a few weeks ago when I started a thread about GP.

I took the plunge and down loaded GP6.

My main focus was to have a practice buddy, that I could speed up as my skills progressed, and I am quite pleased to say the least.

Chas helped me get started, and I found a forum of sorts on the GP web site that has people lending a hand when I needed it as well.

My first challenge was to eliminate some of the excess stuff on the screen so I could get more than just a measure or two of the songs I imported. I found it as simple as clicking on the particular symbol (on the far left) that the system was working on, and all the tool symbols went away. It only took a couple of minutes to learn how to change the play back speed with the Loops/speed trainer feature. I still don't know what the stage portion in that window does, so if someone can help there, I'll listen.

Otherwise, so far so good. Oddly enough, one of the first songs that Imported into it was Classical Gas. Low and behold, I found a mistake in the tablature that I don't know how to correct. At least the gp version isn't the same as the lesson on the site.

The may be a TG thing to fix.

Anyway, the bottom line here is I like it so far. Its done what I needed.

Scott

Chasplaya

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:35 pm

sbutler wrote:
An update to those of you that were interested a few weeks ago when I started a thread about GP.

I took the plunge and down loaded GP6.

My main focus was to have a practice buddy, that I could speed up as my skills progressed, and I am quite pleased to say the least.

Chas helped me get started, and I found a forum of sorts on the GP web site that has people lending a hand when I needed it as well.

My first challenge was to eliminate some of the excess stuff on the screen so I could get more than just a measure or two of the songs I imported. I found it as simple as clicking on the particular symbol (on the far left) that the system was working on, and all the tool symbols went away. It only took a couple of minutes to learn how to change the play back speed with the Loops/speed trainer feature. I still don't know what the stage portion in that window does, so if someone can help there, I'll listen.

Otherwise, so far so good. Oddly enough, one of the first songs that Imported into it was Classical Gas. Low and behold, I found a mistake in the tablature that I don't know how to correct. At least the gp version isn't the same as the lesson on the site.

The may be a TG thing to fix.

Anyway, the bottom line here is I like it so far. Its done what I needed.

Scott
Always glad to be of help, and its encouraging to see some guys identifying the benefits of this great programme, and no I'm not on commission lol.

Any specific questions fire away I'll do my best
Chas

sbutler

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:06 pm

Thanks again Chas.

Can you explain what the Stage feature in the loops/speed trainer is/does?

Otherwise, hopefully TGMatt or Neil will read this and get the tab on Classical Gas fixed.

Scott

AndyT

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:13 am

In the loop speed trainer, Stage is the amount it will speed up each loop. If you set it at 10% then each loop it will increase speed 10%.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic