BLEURIDGE V/S SANTA CRUZ

willem

Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:15 am

Anyone experience with BLEURIDGE acoustic guitars??? They say they have the character of a SANTA CRUZ.

reiver

Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:59 am

Willem - I've played a few Blueridge guitars and they appear to offer good value. They don't really appeal to me aesthetically - the headstock is a bit "bling" for me - but they do sound pretty good. And I've seen a few favourable reviews in magazines. I haven't been lucky enough to play many Santa Cruz guitars (one second hand, if I recall) but they certainly fall in an entirely different price range from the Blueridge range . I guess it all comes down to what you're looking for.........and as Jack Van Breen tells us - if YOU like it, then that's all that matters.

Stuart

wrench

Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:29 am

Willem, I will assume you are comparing similar body styles. I played both Blueridge and Santa Cruz, but several months apart. Both times, however, I also played Martin D-28's, so while I can't compare Blueridge to Santa Cruz, I can compare both to Martin. I felt that Blueridge was trying to sound like a Martin, and it got close. Santa Cruz, on the other hand was a bit more mellow than Martin, but wow what fine instrument! I got the impression that Santa Cruz was trying to make its own sound, not copy Martin's. And like Stuart mentioned, Santa Cruz is quite expensive. The store owner handed it to me to play, but I thought I should have been arrested and jailed for touching it!

So, no, I don't think they compare very closely in sound, price, or quality. And yes, sound analysis proves it, but I'll leave the science alone today.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic