Guitar Pro 6 Christmas Sale

eagle670

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:54 am

I finally decided to purchase guitar pro and found that they are having a sale now through Dec 31. Thought I would pass it along to my TG freinds.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Kevin

http://www.guitar-pro.com/index.php?affiliate=TG

---ADMIN EDIT---

TG provides guitar pro files as an added benefit to theTARGET Members. To offset the additional investment to do this we sell Guitar Pro on the site. I have updated the link above to TG's affiliate account. We would appreciate your support using our link as we continue to provide TARGET members with Guitar Pro files on 99% of song lessons.

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:55 am

Kevin:

Thanks for the heads up! I have been toying back and forth with upgrading from GP5. Looks like I'll go ahead and do so now.

Thanks again!

Jason

suziko

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:59 am

Too bad I bought GP6 a month ago! Oh well- I already got $10 worth of use out of it, so I can't complain.

Kevin- I'm sure you're going to love having GP. I contemplated buying it for almost a year, but now with TG posting lessons in GP format, it's just so convenient. It's a great tool and has helped me a lot with learning songs, especially fingerpicking pieces.

Suzi

eagle670

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:40 am

You should talked to GP about a commision, since you were the one that sold me on it!

slinger

Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:04 am

Does one need guitar pro to play gp5 file attached to song lessons?
Do they have a free player to "just play files"?
Is there an alternative to play posted gp5 files?

may be wrong place to ask, thanks in advance for any help!

eagle670

Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:17 am

I downloaded the trail version yesterday and tried to open one of the TG Guitar Pro files and found out that it would not allow me to do it. The trial version comes with sample tracks and that is all you can use it for.

slinger

Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:05 pm

Thanks eagle, .....yes I had same experience, downloaded free trial version of guitarpro but would not accept or play TG files, only its own examples.
bummer!!
I'm still getting a handle on learning to play, .... so not interested in editing or transcribing features ...or being distracted with such at this time.
just need a player for files.

alternatives?

Chasplaya

Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:17 pm

GPro must have changed tactics they used to allow files to be played on the trial version, id didn't come with all the 'cool bits' though like the RSE , = Realistic Sound Engine.

I would say this is a good deal, as once you have the programme you get good discounts on the new versions that come out on major releases. It plays all old versions of the files and also TablEdit, Power Tab and can convert most ASCII and MIDI files. It also converts GPro files to PDF's. Its good for copying sheet music to playable files and transcribing your own, or trying to work out existing songs. I've had GPro since ver 2 and wouldn't be without it now. Very few have regretted getting it even those very sceptical members out there ... you know who you are lol!

TGMike

Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:21 pm

http://www.guitar-pro.com/index.php?affiliate=TG

TG provides guitar pro files as an added benefit to theTARGET Members. To offset the additional investment to do this we sell Guitar Pro on the site. I have updated the link above to TG's affiliate account. We would appreciate your support using our link as we continue to provide TARGET members with Guitar Pro files on most lessons.

slinger

Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:13 pm

Chas , Thanks for your insights on use and value of,
and yes, ....I know who I aM! LOL !!! luv your posts

TGMike, Thanks ... yes, will use link to help out when able,
but first I need to put funds toward TG membership.

any special promotions on membership in the works?? mmm?
....tis the season B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic