Guitar Pro Stupid ?

eagle670

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:22 am

Okay, being a newbie to the guitar pro world I have a stupid question to ask. Do all of the versions of guitar pro tabs utilize the RSE? (realistic sound engine) I have been scouring the web for different tabs and have downloaded a few of the older versions and notice that the sound on them are midi tracks and sound horrible.

Time for stupid question #2 - Can these older files be updated to utilize the true instrument sounds?

Just a side note about Guitar Pro 6. Wow, what a great learning tool. I was having some real difficulty at picking up Alice's Restaurant and bought this in hopes it would help. I cannot be more pleased. I sat down and went through the tab bar and in just a couple of hours I had the notes and fingering down. Right now I am working on getting up to tempo. If you have not bought this yet and are riding the fence, do yourself a favor and get it.

Don't forget that Guitar Pro is a sponsor of TG, so be sure to use the link on this site.

Thanks for the help!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Kevin

thereshopeyet

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:24 pm

Thanks

Music Junkie

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:26 pm

Kevin:

I found a huge selection of older GP files (mostly GP3 and GP4) on the web. When I open them in GP6, it gives me the option of changing/editing the tracks. I just change it to another type of instrument and it then gives me the option of several types of guitars and playing styles. I messed with a few of them and got much better sounds than in the original files.

jason

eagle670

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Ya know I was just looking around on GP support page and notice that there was a separate download for the RSE files. I assumed that I got everything when I downloaded the main program, but I don't think I did because I tried to open a GP5 file and it told me that some of the instrument banks were missing and that I needed to download them. So that is what I am doing now.

I never get any option to update the instrument tracks when I open a GP3 file, so after I get this download installed, maybe that will give me what I need.

Thanks!

Chasplaya

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:41 pm

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

GPro has been released in 4 public versions 3,4,5 and latest 6, formats for these are .GP3, GP4, GP5 and GPX. They are not backwards compatible, i.e can't open GPX in GP3, it does work the other way. The Realistic Sound Engine (RSE) came out with GP5 which at the same time was also available in MAC OS X and now Linux since GP6.

Older files can be converted as Jason has already mentioned. However, the majority of available tabs are in GP3 and 4 as both these versions were around for the longest time.

Best site I've found for good tabs is

http://www.gprotab.net/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic