HAVE A NEW SETUP,,ALL FOR NOTHING,,,WITHOUT TOOL,,WELL ALMOST..

willem

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:25 pm

I tuned all the strings down a whole step and then capo'd up at the second fret,,i'm very pleased with that,,it play's light now...maybe i get the basses clean now..

LOL

tombo1230

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Might be a stupid question Willem, but why don't you just get a setup done? :unsure:

willem

Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:25 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
Might be a stupid question Willem, but why don't you just get a setup done? :unsure:
Not stupid at all!! in time i do that,,i think it devolops my bar grips(in muscle) when i practice them a while further on the neck,,counting the capo as zero..maybe i must have a hand made costum guitar..i get ''i have to say i love you in a song'' more sounded at the moment..

tombo1230

Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:21 pm

willem wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:

Not stupid at all!! in time i do that,,i think it devolops my bar grips(in muscle) when i practice them a while further on the neck,,counting the capo as zero..maybe i must have a hand made costum guitar..i get ''i have to say i love you in a song'' more sounded at the moment..
I know what you mean, one of my guitars was a great strummer, but bar chords were pretty difficult due to the high action. My teacher at the time said, 'if you can play bar chords on this you can play them on anything'! This was true, because when I learned how to set up my guitar, bar chords became easy because of the lower action and the hand strength gained.

Tom N.

willem

Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:47 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
willem wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:

I know what you mean, one of my guitars was a great strummer, but bar chords were pretty difficult due to the high action. My teacher at the time said, 'if you can play bar chords on this you can play them on anything'! This was true, because when I learned how to set up my guitar, bar chords became easy because of the lower action and the hand strength gained.

Tom N.
I don't have that high action really but in time i bring it to the luthier to look at what is possible..now when i tuned down a whole step the strings have also less strenght..thanks you are with me,did i say ''HAPPY NEW YEAR..

tombo1230

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:24 pm

willem wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
willem wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:

Tom N.
I don't have that high action really but in time i bring it to the luthier to look at what is possible..now when i tuned down a whole step the strings have also less strenght..thanks you are with me,did i say ''HAPPY NEW YEAR..
Happy New Year Willem :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic