Who are your biggest Influences?

MarkM

Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:01 am

Tony good question. After giving this some thought its actually much harder than I thought. Etiher that or my memory is failing me. I'll take a similar approach to what Dennis did in that there are a ton of folks and bands that stired something inside me to fall in love with music at an early age but as I try to pinpoint an influence that made me want to play guitar I find myself stretching my memory banks. I guess I never gave it much thought. As I sit hear and ponder, looking out my window to the snow dumping all over my yard, I think I would have to say that once I heard CSN&Y's 4 Way Street album and all those acoustic songs I was pretty much hooked. Being 41 now, obviously the album was over ten years old when I first heard it. I was in highschool at the time. The song "Find the Cost of Freedom" grabbed me by the b&^)s um .... shirt collar then and I was blown away. Still am on that song. I can never hear that enough. That is a song I wish we had a lesson on here. So as far as playing guitar goes I'd have to say that band and that album in particular was a huge influence on me. Apart from that I'd have to say Neil Young, The Beatles (John Lennon and George Harrison in particular), Stills, Clapton are by and large my biggest influences. Now with that said if I had talent and could emulate some other folks playing styles I would have to say Stevie Ray Vaughn, Keith Richards and Lindsey Buckingham would be at the top of my list.

MarkM

pbraun

Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:30 pm

Too many to list but in the grand scheme of things the one that started it all for me was simply...
THE BEATLES

abiliog

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:14 am

Well, I just wanted to play guitar even before I knew any band. :laugh:
I just love the feeling of those songs from the wood. Humm, this sounds familiar...
Abilio

Chasplaya

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:12 pm

Again pretty difficult to pin it down, I first thought influence for guitar was Eric Clapton, but then giving it more thought the guy I first heard and thought I want to do that was the late Paul Kossoff from Free, then soon after it was Greg Lake, so Alright Now either of those guys got me into guitar In the Beginning . Although Clapton's Unplugged really got me into more acoustic playing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic