Next Week- CSNY! Anybody hazard some guesses?

AndyT

Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:56 am

As I recall, when you reviewed my version of Southern Cross, you mentioned that you had plans to do it and had not gotten to it yet, so that's one of my guesses. And one I'll be overjoyed about as well.

I'm also going to go with Treetop Flyer as it's a hopping tune right off the fingers. It would be a great level 5 or 6 fingerstyle piece as I see it. Good stuff Maynard.

The rest I'll leave to the flying fickle finger of fate.

willem

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:18 am

OHIO,,OLD SONG BUT STILL BE ON DATE...GREAT SOUND TOO..

TGNeil

Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:21 am

Great guesses so far gang, so here is a short update with maybe more hints. At least five of the songs mentioned up to this point do not fit the clues, either outside the date range or already available as Free Lessons. Maybe some TARGET members forget to check that section. Also only one song per guy. Three of the correct songs have been mentioned, and at least one guess has two of them.

Keep it up...

Neil

beaker

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:42 pm

Hmmm, this is tough, and it has been distracting me from practicing. I am thrown off because there was only one CSN & Y album released 1970 or earlier.... so they all can't be from different albums..... so I assume that some of these songs are from Buffalo Springfield, The Byrds, or the Hollies or just CSN or just Neil Young. Now we know the Neil Young song can't be Helpless or Ohio (Free Lessons). And I am pretty sure that there is one song from each, the CSN original self titled album and from Deja Vu.

My guesses are

Helplessly Hoping (Stills) CSN first album 1969 ...... reason...... this is a classic fingerpicking song (don't think it is Carry On because there are already 2 DADDAD song lessons) (Can't be Treetop Flyer because it is post 1970)
Teach your Children (Nash) Deja Vu 1970 ..........reason...... this is a great, relatively easy song
Everybody Knows This is Nowhere (Young) 1969..........reason....... I had to think of a song that was not on the previously mentioned albums that was from prior 1970 and that Neil (Hogan) already does not have a lesson for.
David Crosby????? I can't guess.... .............reason............... I am not as familiar with his songs, but would have picked Guinnevere or Long Time Gone, but they are from previously mentioned albums.

BTW.... Neil, I am willing to throw the gauntlet down.....here goes......... if this was a guessing game related to The Grateful Dead ....... I would get it.

abiliog

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:48 pm

Oops,
Second guess...

Guinevere (Crosby)
On The Way Home (Young)
For What It's Worth (Stills)
Marrakesh Express (Nash)

Abilio

willem

Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:55 pm

willem wrote:
OHIO,,OLD SONG BUT STILL BE ON DATE...GREAT SOUND TOO..

I did not know that ''OHIO'' was there in the free lesson or forgot,,,but i'm glad it is....great sound....

TGNeil

Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:10 pm

Four Way Street counts as 1970 or earlier, being recorded that summer...

beaker

Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:22 pm

Revised Guess

Helplessly Hoping (Stills) CSN self titled first album (1969)
Teach Your Children (Nash) Deja Vu(1970)
On the Way Home (Young) 4 Way Street
Triad (Crosby) Notorious Byrd Brothers (1968)..... and later 4 Way Street (1970).

Beaker.

sbutler

Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Ok, my guess's were more of a wish than a guess. It occurred to me that maybe the songs I picked didn't have Neil Young, or pre-1970.

I did have Woodstock, Helplessly Hoping and Marrakesh Express.

4+20 and Suite Judy Blue eyes are already lessons.

So after that I like 49 bye bye's, wooden ships, and Blue bird revisited.

Scott

heatndude

Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:51 pm

I would make a guess but this all came out before I did. Hehe. I do like all the older tunes and can't wait to see what's coming. How about we try songs from the 80s sometime I might have a shot at that game !

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic