One More Valentine's Week Tune...?

TGNeil

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi Gang,

What do you think of the mix of 'Love Songs' for the week so far? What do you think might be on the way tomorrow? A little hint- it was played in a recent TG News and also leads into next week's theme, which itself has been hinted at in recent TG News episodes. The band is/was huge and is not yet represented by any TARGET songs.

Neil

sbutler

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:58 pm

Well you hinted around at maybe Queen or Jay Giles!!!! You said the band was/is HUGE. Queen was huge, but Jay Giles had a great valentines day song "LOVE STINKS"

Didn't know you'd consider that for a target lesson, but hey, I learn something new here every day.

Scott

lueders

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:41 pm

I watched the latest News wrap-up, and based on that... my gut would tell me something Queen. Possibly Crazy Little Thing Called Love. But then I think based on the "60s" clue from this past weekend I would end up saying no to that because Queen didn't form until 1970. I am still mulling this one...

lueders

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:51 pm

The Doors? Cream? Gosh...tough one.

millponddave

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Hi Neil,

I'm still giddy from last weeks offerings. I haven't even begun to absorb all of all of that, let alone dive into this weeks stuff, although I can't wait to start.
Keep up the great work! and I'll keep chipping away at all that TG has to offer.

Dave

willem

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:48 am

Queen was falling out your mouth and was HUGE,,,,'''SOMEBODY TO LOVE'' ..

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:11 am

QUEEN, Somebody to Love? I don't thing so... hard to imagine that on acoustic... although I'm sure you could pull it off Neil but, OMG, who could sing that?! I'd be the first to run for cover (not a pun!). Must be something else but I've never been able to read your mind yet so I'll wait with baited breath for publication.... :-).

willem

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:56 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
QUEEN, Somebody to Love? I don't thing so... hard to imagine that on acoustic... although I'm sure you could pull it off Neil but, OMG, who could sing that?! I'd be the first to run for cover (not a pun!). Must be something else but I've never been able to read your mind yet so I'll wait with baited breath for publication.... :-).

Hi Chris....

TGNeil

Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:34 pm

lueders wrote:
The Doors? Cream? Gosh...tough one.
Now you're getting really warm... (and I think there are some Cream tunes in the Eric Clapton section).

Anon

MarkM

Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:43 pm

Well if its the Doors then it could only be..... Hmm one of two songs. Love Street or Love her Madly. I'll go with Love Street which sould be fun on acoustic guitar.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic