You just gotta laugh!

Music Junkie

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:23 pm

suziko wrote:
That would require me actually playing for people, which I pretty much never do! Someday I'll get up my courage....
LOL....right there with you Suzi, although with your recent performance, I would say you would be welcomed by anyone you played for.... :) :)

J

BigBear

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:04 pm

Tony-

I was on a rafting trip a few years ago (before TG) and we stopped for the day at one of these very rustic bed & breakfasts along the river. There was an old, beater guitar in the corner so of course I HAD to pick it up, tune it a bit and start strumming.

Someone from another rafting party came by and asked me to play "Country Roads". I didn't remember the tune. He scoffed and walked away mumblng "Not much of a guitar player"!! LOL!!

The moral of this story is if you thought you had to play the intro to Stairway to Heaven to be considered a real guitarist you are wrong!! Apparently, you must also know "Country Roads"!!

:lol:

sbutler

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:47 pm

When my wife and I built our new log home several years ago, we had no way of predicting how easily sound would bounce off our solid tongue and Grove (I almost wrote TG) ceiling. But carry it does, and even though I tuck myself into a corner on the second floor, if the girls want to watch a program on TV, they go to a room over the garage as my playing ricochets around the house to much for them to hear their shows.

As others have mentioned, I practice so much, that I never elicit any words at all from my wife or daughter. However one night while working on project for college, my daughter had a few of her young class mates over to help out, I was very proud when one young lady actually came up and mentioned how much she liked Blackbird, and that she enjoyed how I played it.

I strutted around like a tom turkey for at least a week. Not only did I play something that this young lady could recognize, but she liked it as well.

But the high has long since worn off, and I just sit up here and play with myself. Wait, that's play FOR my self. Not sure that's correct either, but you get the idea.

Scott

willem

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:50 pm

BigBear wrote:
Tony-

I was on a rafting trip a few years ago (before TG) and we stopped for the day at one of these very rustic bed & breakfasts along the river. There was an old, beater guitar in the corner so of course I HAD to pick it up, tune it a bit and start strumming.

Someone from another rafting party came by and asked me to play "Country Roads". I didn't remember the tune. He scoffed and walked away mumblng "Not much of a guitar player"!! LOL!!

The moral of this story is if you thought you had to play the intro to Stairway to Heaven to be considered a real guitarist you are wrong!! Apparently, you must also know "Country Roads"!!

:lol:

I love story's with a moral,,your's is absolute right,,were you score with and is it nessesary...maybe it is the song were you go to...

neverfoundthetime

Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Well I just had one of those moments!

I just played back over the headphones to Alessandra a song I've been working on to upload on TG. I recorded for the first time in Adobe Audition and the quality is just great (better than Audacity) although I was only using the computer mic and the track was a raw, first time job. Well, she cried. Had me in tears too by the time I realised what was happening. Priceless moment!

Chasplaya

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:59 pm

It was a few years back and I used to (still do) have a guitar in my office for practice and stress release. So it was well known about my playing and practising . As such one day the staff asked me to play at the next social function but to do something different, so I decided to do a musical quiz, play a few songs and then have teams answer questions on the song. who played when etc. Unfortunately, the function did not run to schedule so I indulged in several nice red wines that were freebies, big mistake!! I never knew until that night that you might feel sober but your fingers get drunk/pissed!! I could hardly get anything right even some of the simpler songs I had in the set.

Lesson learned never ever play and consume alcohol at a function!!

It maybe wasn't as bad as I thought as I did get asked back again.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:14 pm

I'd be completely incapable of playing if I drank more than two glasses of wine... so I never mix music and drink. I'd Never make a rock star!

haoli25

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:04 am

Chasplaya wrote:

I have often wondered if Keith Richards would play better or worse is he were ever chemical free. :)

Chasplaya

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:07 am

haoli25 wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:

I have often wondered if Keith Richards would play better or worse is he were ever chemical free. :)
I guess always exceptions to the rule, certainly not in my case :laugh: Now where's my glass! Hic!

Chasplaya

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:10 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I'd be completely incapable of playing if I drank more than two glasses of wine... so I never mix music and drink. I'd Never make a rock star!
Hmmm cheap night when we visit you then. But again the glasses are this size in Cuckoo land

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic